Alarm/Remote Start in 2005 Ford Ranger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ravesrus19 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  

Hello there

I am getting reay to perform my first alarm installation in my 2005 ford ranger (4 door).

My question is about remote starts and how much extra work is involved. This feature is not to important to me and wouldnt be heart breaking if i didn't have it. I am an electriccal technician so im sure i can manage it, but time is an issue, as i dont have alot, and if this installation is very time consuming i will skip it.

I would also like to know if someone could get me started in the right direction. Should i take my dash off first? Or maybe start splicing in the SJB? I have already had my door panels off, so this is one thing i know that will not hold me up for very long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am green to car alarms.

thnx

2005 Ford Ranger, 4 door , stx model
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  

the ford ranger is an easy truck to do, if you have a little bit of experience, the most complicated part of it would be doing the doorpin wires cause ford has a system where the GEM module will shut down to conserve power, thus inturn the alarm sees this and the alarm will trigger

someone I am sure will explain it a little better thna this, cause it sounds like jibberish and I am tired

Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
You can actually shut down the gem module so it doesn't happen. I can't remember exactly i'm sure some one does. Somthing like put key in ignition and hit unlock three times then take key out hit unlock three times and put key in ignition position and hit unlock three times. Something like that so you don't have to catch the door boot wires.
ers1121 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  
They really are not that hard, nor do they take much longer than the alarm system. Buying a good combo makes it easier, since a lot of the connections are the same. Be sure to get the kit to bypass the transponder key if you have that, they too are fairly easy to install.
Ed
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
Wire/Function Colour Location/Description Polarity
 PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT YES TRANSPONDER   SEE NOTES 
 This vehicle is equipped with TRANSPONDER chips in the ignition keys. This system must be bypassed for Remote Starter installation. A keyless bypass module may be available, contact your distributor to find out. If one of these modules is not available to you, see the appropriate security diagram for bypass instructions.
 12 VOLTS Yellow Ignition switch harness   + 
 IGNITION GREEN/ violet Ignition switch harness   + 
 ACCESSORY Gray / YELLOW Ignition switch harness   + 
 ACCESSORY 2 BLACK/ green Ignition switch harness   + 
 STARTER RED / blue Ignition switch harness   + 
 KEY SENSE BLACK/ pink Ignition switch harness   - 
 TACH SIGNAL Use Injector     
 FUEL INJECTOR Opposite from Red wire At any injector on engine   AC 
 LOCK Pink / YELLOW In harness from driver's door   - 
 This vehicle may be equipped with SLAM-LOCK which puts the doorlock ciccuit to sleep after about 10 minutes. If this occurs, see the SLAM-LOCK diagram for wiring instructions.
 UNLOCK Pink/green In harness from driver's door   - 
 This vehicle may be equipped with SLAM-LOCK which puts the doorlock ciccuit to sleep after about 10 minutes. If this occurs, see the SLAM-LOCK diagram for wiring instructions.
 DOORPIN BLACK/ blue At Junction block in passenger kickpanel   + 
 BRAKESWITCH Lt.green At switch above brake pedal   + 
 PARKLIGHTS Brown In driver's kickpanel   + 
 You can also use the WHITE/ BLACK (-) at the light switch
 HAND BRAKE RED / yellow At switch of fusebox in passenger kick   - 
 HORN YELLOW /GREEN At steering column   - 
 DRIVER WINDOW UP WHITE/ black At switch in driver's door   Rev Pol 
 DRIVER WINDOW DOWN Red At switch in driver's door   Rev Pol 
 PASSENGER WINDOW UP WHITE/ yellow In driver's kickpanel   Rev Pol 
 PASSENGER WINDOW DOWN Tan/blue In driver's kickpanel   Rev Pol 
 HEADLIGHTS Violet/blue At light switch harness   + 
 REVERSE LIGHTS BLACK/ pink Driver's kickpanel   + 
 VSS WIRE Gray/black At the PCM on pass. Side firewall under hood    
Available Notes
Vehicle Notes 
This vehicle is equipped with TRANSPONDER chips in the ignition keys. This system must be bypassed for Remote Starter installation. A keyless bypass module may be available, contact your distributor to find out. If one of these modules is not available to you, see the appropriate security diagram for bypass instructions.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  

http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/4698_Ranger_FORD%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATION.pdf

Door pin isolation.

Hers the "shut down" sequence for the BCM wake up.

From inside the trck with ALL doors closed, Ign. ON, then hit unlock from the door switch 3 times, turn the Ign. off hit unlock 3 times, turn the Ign. on, then hit unlock 2 times. Then turn the Ign off and open the doors. That should do it!

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
but that only works on some of the ford models i believe
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
most new fords in the owners manual tells you how to disable it. most are with the unlock lock switch. or it can be done through the message center.
ravesrus19 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Is SLAM LOCk when the door lock circuit goes to sleep, which in turn activates the built in passive immobilizer in the truck?
ravesrus19 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
What does, catch the door pin wires refer to?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic