the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Alarm/Remote Start in 2005 Ford Ranger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

if u use dome light for the trigger, no u dont need the door triggers.

if u use door triggers, yes u need to diode them, u dont need one on the park lights

for the door locks, use the wires he has listed above, and they are negative pulse.

no, u dont have to go to the batt, i would catch ign and 12 v at the ignition.

ravesrus19 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
if you don't splice into the parking lights, they are not going to flash when the alarm goes off?
2005 Ford Ranger, 4 door , stx model
ravesrus19 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
never mind the last post. i get it
ravesrus19 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  

Where I'm at, and please correct me where I am wrong:

For power i will connect red of alarm (to batt +12 v) & yellow to (ignition output)

I will use the dome light for my door trigger. (will connect to BLACK/ light blue in SJB, gray plug, pin 14) and connect the blk/red to ground in order to select negative triggering.

next the parking lights. 1 wire,, not sure where to connect to as  there are 2 wires i believe.

last horn.

Now for the power door locks. Changing to echo remote. Crime guard alarm, 745 i4

I understand for -  power lock: pink / YELLOW(typeB) @ sjb.large black plug, pin 5

power unlock - pink/light green (type b - what does type b mean?) same plug pin 9

There are 7 wires on my "Doorlock Ouput Connector" and im not sure how many wires i have to connect here. Here is what they are

First 3 are: "UNLOCK" (+) or (-) Input (NO)              2) unlock input (NC)                3) unlock output (COM)

Next 3 are: "LOCK" (+) or (-) Input (NO)                    2) lock input (NC)                      3) lock output (COM)

and an unlock#2

Thnx for reading my story, just wanna make sure i get this right.. thnx   ........................................................hope my airbag doesnt explode  lol

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
"Unlock #2," that's so you can set up the unit to unlock the driver's door first, and then the other doors after that..........that's for girls.....plus it's a fair amount of extra work and you need a relay.....are you going to do that?
If not, and you're happy with both doors opening the first time you press unlock, it goes like this:
The two "Input N/O" wires get connected to ground.
The two "Input N/C" wires do not get connected to anything.
Now, the two "Output COM" wires will simply put out ground pulses when you press the lock/unlock buttons on your new remote, which is what you want for your Ranger.
I never went looking for that SJB or whatever it is; not necessary. Simply remove the driver's kick panel, and maybe the door-sill panel just to make things a little easier...........under there, under the carpet, you'll find a bundle of wires running to the rear of the truck.
In there, find your pink/green and pink / YELLOW. They'll test as a ground when you operate the power doorlock switch. Connect your two Crime Guard lock/unlock outputs to these wires.
--------------------
Not sure about your question about the parking lights. The Ranger should have one parking light wire. Where do you have two parking light wires? In the car, or on the alarm?
By the way, if you find it inconvenient to get the parking lights at the dashboard switch, you should be also able to find the same wire in the same wire harness with the doorlocks.
ravesrus19 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, Im looking to find the parking light wire in my 05 ford ranger for my alarm.

any hints?

thnx

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
DEI lists it as:
Parking Lights+      brown       SJB, brown plug, pin 8      
Parking Lights-      WHITE/ black    switch or SJB, sml blk plug, pin 16
The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is the fuse/relay box in the passenger kick panel.
ravesrus19 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

I am using the dome light supervision foor my door triggers. Because I am using this, does the GEM module have to be shut down since the doorpins are not being used?

Does it have to be shut down for the installation of the remote start.

ravesrus19 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

I have a ford 05 ranger, with built in  passive immobilizer. Im installing an alarm that also has it.

How exactly does it work? Where is it installed? Do i bypass it?

In an alrm, does the immobilizer have anything to do with the remote start circuit/

thnx

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
if you do not diode isolate, you will have alarm falses due to dome delay.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic