icon

sound system advice?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soulassasin732 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i don thave a lot of knowledge on audio sound systems so work with me. i am slowly getting things for my sound system. all i have is two 12" pioneer subs which are 800 watts each and i have a sub box to put it in.what else do i need for my system you know like how big should my amp be etc also i wanted to put neon lights into the box without using the 12v adapter. i wanted to hook the wire up to my trunk light so when i open my trunk that light turns on my neon lights. so far all i kno is i have to solder it what else do i need to do please help.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
What is your budget??
specialaudio 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
depending how much you want to spend, and how much bass (spl or sq) you want there are alot of different set ups you can do...
having said that i agree with azn, what is your buget and is the box you have ported/sealed/bandpass?
93' Cutlass
soulassasin732 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

well i just got a pionner amp which says 800 watts on the box? recommend certain wires to the amp and subs..price isnt that much of an issue dont wnt 2 spend a real lot tho not now any ways

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
Well...we still can't even help you because all you said is that you have a pioneer amp...what model do you have???
Sorry but you must be specific...its like asking for help with engine troubles and telling something that you have a car...a red car...lol
soulassasin732 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
soulassasin732 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
somebody please help
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
Any entry level wiring kit would be fine for that amplifier. At least an 8 gauge wire, 14 or 12 for the output...
That amp will be fine for those woofers, if maybe a little bit too much. You should be OK.
You can not run neon off 12 volts directly, you MUST use the adapter. The simplest way to have them come on with the trunk light, is remove the trunk light, and wire the terminals of the trunk light to the neon power supply. re-install the light without the lamp in place, and you're set as far as that goes.
I truly appreciate the fact that you really want to do this yourself, and I applaud your efforts so far. Seriously, though? Please consider taking your car to a shop that would be willing to let you look over the installer's shoulder as he installs your stuff... It is fairly easy, and you probably COULD do it, but for a first time system, please, for your safety and the safety of your car, please take it to a shop. Did I say please? Installing an amp should cost no more than $50.00 or so, and the install of the neon power supply should cost about the same. That is very inexpensive insurance, compared to what your REAL insurance premium would do, were you to burn your car to the ground... (and I've seen it happen...)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
soulassasin732 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
do most peoeple let you look over their shoulder and wtch i didnt think any one would let you
soulassasin732 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
bu tok ill take it to somebody because i def. wouldnt want to ruin my car, can you show me a specific wire i can get just so i kno like pricing and know what kind of money to brin gwhen i get it
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic