icon

ford focus alarm install????

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
01sesedan 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2003 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

I was given an Avital Diablo2 (new) and  a Valet 552T. The first question is can you intergrate both system (use the avital as the alarm and the valet for the remote start) and use a 555L (i believe this one keeps the key code in memory). I realize that the 552T is alone with its own transmitter, but is their an output that can connect to the Avital and also have a channel for the trunk? I've read the manual but have not been able to figure it out. Also can you include a wiring diagram. Or is their a way to make the 552T a standlone alarm by itself.

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks

Jose

themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2003 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

You would use the avital as your key fob and use one its extra outputs to triger the WHITE/ blue wire on the 552T. Now what you can do is get a larger channel remote, i belive your avital is going to be 4 and the 552t is 3, get a 16channel remote then you could just leave the alarm and remote start seperate and run them off the same remote then you would have 1 extra channel on the 552t and howmany ever this is on the avital for instance...

I             II

III            IIII

1 Lock
2 Unlock
1 and 2 Remote Start
3 Panic
4 Trunk
3 and 4
extra output
1 and 3, 2 and 4, 1 and 4, 2 and 3
what ever you want to control with them, 1 and 3 could do remote start, pop the trunk and unlock the doors.

01sesedan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2003 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply,

Is the Failsafe Starter kit required and which is the bypass module thats required, 555U or 555L??

Is their a way to add an additional sensor (impact or proximity)??   Do I have to branch off the wire that goes to the one provided in the kit or is there a different wire to connect to??    Whats the best way to connect air horns?? Add a relay to the siren wire or something like?? 

Thanks again for you help,  trying to get all the info I need for this weekend,

Jose 

Hope you guys can make something of this.  Thanks again

http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/avital/diablo2_install.pdf  Here is the wiring diagram for the alarm.\

http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/valet/N552T.pdf  Here is the one for the 552T

01sesedan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2003 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
bump
themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2003 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
You can wire the sensors together no problem just tie the wire colors together and you'll be fine. For the air horns you could just get a trunk release selonid and have it pull the rope for them or if its a push button, just try to figure its a negaitve or positve and wire a relay accordinaly using the brown siren wire as the relay negative triger. Please note if your going to use both units and just get a bigger remote you'll need both att's. Another advantage of going that way is the range will be greater with the remote start than the alarm. If you need anymore help just email me themagicone@attbi.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic