icon

Viper 791XV Remote Acting Up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
Rapidly hitting the lock button for about 15 seconds should also sync it back up.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
sinasta 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the pics and advice guys. I'll try it in the morning. Ravendarat...are you sure hitting the lock button repeatedly will re-sync it? Because I dont have a valet switch, its still sitting in the box. I dont want to unplug the antenna, then not be able to start my car. Viper 791XV Remote Acting Up - Page 2 -- posted image.
xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
you can unplug antenna form the main box i hope it help
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
sinasta wrote:
Thanks for the pics and advice guys. I'll try it in the morning. Ravendarat...are you sure hitting the lock button repeatedly will re-sync it? Because I dont have a valet switch, its still sitting in the box. I dont want to unplug the antenna, then not be able to start my car. Viper 791XV Remote Acting Up - Page 2 -- posted image.
You can plug the switch in yourself.
Find the brain and match up the connector.
Then when you are done you can remove it - or mount it.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
you can unplug the antenna cable at the brain too, you know.... doh.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
sinasta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
I looked in the box and I have some wires, the colors are blue, orange, purple, pink. But nothing is spliced into the other end.
jayno20 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
im kinda having this issue too, only it will beep at me like its out of range SOMETIMES, other times its fine even when standing right next to the car... so if i unplug the antenna for 5 minutes then plug it back in, how do i reprogram the remote?
phatridex 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  

Hope this helps...

transmitter/receiver learn routine

Use the following learn routine to add transmitters to the system or to change button assignments if desired. The Valet button, plugged into the blue port, is used for programming. There is a basic sequence to remember whenever programming this unit: Door, Key, Choose, Transmit and Release.

1. Open a door. (The GREEN wire, H1/5, or the VIOLET, H1/7 must be connected.)

2. Key. Turn the ignition on. (The heavy gauge PINK wire of the relay satellite must be connected.)

3. Select the receiver channel. Press and release the Valet switch the number of times necessary to access the desired channel. Once you have selected a channel, press and HOLD the Valet switch once more. The siren will chirp and the LED will blink the number of times corresponding to the channel that has been accessed.

NOTE: If adding a remote, a button must be taught to the unit in the Channel One or Channel Five position prior to programming other channels.

Channel Twelve (or 14 on newer versions): If any transmitter button from a known transmitter is programmed to Channel Twelve(14), all transmitterswill be erased from memory and will revert to the default feature settings. This is useful in cases when one of the transmitters is lost or stolen. This will erase any lost or stolen transmitters from the system's memory. It can also be used to start from scratch if the transmitter buttons were programmed incorrectly.

4. Press the transmitter button. While HOLDING the Valet switch, press the button from the transmitter that you wish to assign to that channel. In this case, just press the LOCK button.  The unit will chirp indicating successful programming. It is not possible to teach a transmitter button to the system more than once. 

5. Release. Once the code is learned, the Valet button can be released.

Repeat 1-5 using receiver channel 1 instead of 12 or 14 to program that Auto Learn Configuration(Default)

*NOTE: For Auto Learn Configuration, see Default Transmitter Configurations at the bottom

Learn Routine will be exited if:

¡ö Ignition is turned off.

¡ö Door is closed.

¡ö Valet button is pressed too many times. (This is how you know if you only have twelve channels.  Learn Routine will exit before you're done getting to channel 14)

¡ö More than 15 seconds elapses between steps.

One long chirp indicates that Learn Routine has been exited.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

DEFAULT TRANSMITTER CONFIGURATION

A remote that uses the standard configuration operates similarly to many factory keyless entry remotes. A standard configuration transmitter allows arming, disarming, and Panic Mode activation with separate buttons. When programmed for standard configuration, the transmitter buttons are assigned to the following functions:

LOCK operates Arm/Lock,Panic ON/Panic OFF

UNLOCK operates Disarm/Panic OFF

* operates Start

AUX operates Channel 2¡ªtrunkrelease

LOCK and UNLOCK operate Timer Mode

AUX and * operate Short Run/Turbotimer

LOCK and AUX operate Channel 4

UNLOCK and AUX operate Channel 5

sinasta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, but the problem is I dont have a valet switch.
sinasta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
This is the only thing I have in the box.
Viper 791XV Remote Acting Up - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic