remote start, 05 GMC Sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rollingball 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have a bull dog R/S with DEI 555LW bypass and have
hooked wires up as listed in instructions including second ignition.
Started up with key for the 555 learn
Programed R/S for coil tach input
Start up with remote and it runs for a few seconds then shuts down
I heard that some vehicles need the second acc hooked up for proper startup sequence, is this true for the 05 GMC?
Has any one experienced this situation?
If a external relay is used should I hook it up piggy back to trigger the relay to one the R/S ignition wires or the first R/S acc. wire?
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like its a passlock isue.. look for a flashing lock on the dash.. when the truck shuts down the lock will illuminate.. It hasnt learned the key correctly.. and yes you NEED to hook up the white 2nd ign wire on this truck! You WILL have tranny issues if ya don't. The org and brown accy wires you only need 1 [I usually do both] wire as follows.. use a relay ign from rs to pin 85, ground 86, 12v to 30 , and 87 to the white 2nd ign on the truck. for the accy's just do the same relay but set it up off the accy wire on the rs rather than the ign wire...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
rollingball 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
I neglected to mention during the short run tine there are no check engine or security light on or flashing even after shutdown.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Then you may have a poor tach sense... I use the wite wire, behind the cluster [only one there] and that works great for my rs units, but I don't know what a bulldog will need. if you don't have that wite 2nd ign wire powered up, you will eventually get a cel light. so make sure to power it... It does sound like a passlock issue to me still cranks ,starts ,and shuts down... Or you can try going to an odd colored wire on one of the injectors for your tach too...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
rollingball 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
My tach wire is hooked up the coil wire that is not pink, black or brown as
I found this reference wire chart off this web site. also the 2nd ign. wire is hooked up.
alexlloyd 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
If you use the coil on a V6 you need to program 12 Cyl Tach input as each cylinder fires twice per revolution.
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
I would use the white behind the cluster also easy to get to also. As for the second acc. some say you need it some say you don not I personally hook them up. The only thing about hooking it up is the radio will come on and will stay on till it times out if you dont open the.
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
make sure your 555LW is hooked up correctly and that you programed it. You should of used the 457GW this module would of saved you a lot of time you don't even need to cut the passlock wires it learns it along with the door lock/unlock, & door trigger. sweet module I recomend it. good luck.
rollingball 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
Where is the tach wire for the cluster located and color(s)?
I don't believe its a passlock issue as in no flashing lock light and the truck starts up right away with key after shutdown, then again it could be.
I will be hooking up second accessory just for the heck of it.
Does'nt GM radios have some kind of security in them when no power or stolen the vehicle won't run? Mine has a flashing LED when not running.
rollingball 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
Where is the tach wire for the cluster located and color(s)?
I don't believe its a passlock issue as in no flashing lock light and the truck starts up right away with key after shutdown, then again it could be.
I will be hooking up second accessory just for the heck of it.
Does'nt GM radios have some kind of security in them when no power or stolen the vehicle won't run? Mine has a flashing LED when not running.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic