icon

code alarm systems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ihkili18 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

I would like you guys opinion on Code Alarm systems. Are they of good quality and do they have good features. Basically what are the pros and cons. I am looking at a ca-670.thanx again

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Alarm these days pretty much shares the same features. the alarms are only as good as the installer. someone here will CHIME IN w/ more info.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
That is a very true statement..   I don't deal with them much, but thats what the Ford dealers use up here for a "ford" rs / alarm unit... They seem to work nice when installed correctly. But if installed wrong.. arrg... all depends if the guy putting it in knows his product or not....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
i actually do use code alarm(aftermarket, not ford equipment) started  a couple of months ago and have not had a single problem with them. haven't had a single come-back. probably one of the easier systems i've installed.
john ogrady 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Code Alarm is the OEM supplier for a lot of car companies.They supply Ford,Chrysler,Mazda and Kia just to name some of them.Also Code Alarm got bought by Audiovox a couple of years ago.
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Code alarms are wonderful. we now only deal with DEI and I loved the fact that the code had selectable door locks, no relays needed. Love them, still install them on the side when I can
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  

I was also wondering if audiovox or code alarm directly sells and ships replacement transmitters for their systems. I know directed does. thanx

jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
there are currently 2 different code-alarm lines 1 being a "true" code alarm product( same as oem ford units) and a rebadged audiovox line of code alarms. audiovox has very dependable units and, they, like all d.e.i. products are made by nu-tech overseas( kinda like ford/mercury roll down the same assy line just different features)
cavsfan 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Great products with a lot of on board relays. Also have lots o extra outputs for add ons. I really like the sepaerate siren and horn outputs, I wish all manufacturers did that.
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
anyone have an idea about where they sell code alarm replacement lcd transmitters?thanx
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic