icon

04 Dodge Neon SXT diagnose 1400XP

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aarone0313 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
I consider my self someone who understands electronics and I've done quite a few successful remote start installs but this one has me stumped. I purchased a 1400XP made by DEI and have hooked in all in to my 04 Dodge Neon I also hooked in a 556UW with a transponder key so we should be all good there. I finish my wiring and plug in the unit and the LED will not blink nor come on nor will the unit give me any indication it is functional. I've tested all my 12V lines and my grounds and those check out. I've read through the manual and tried searching here with no luck. Unfortunately this is my first DEI brand install and it's not going so well.
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
check the fuses in the 12v constants,,  if that doesnt work, take the fuses out, put key in ignition, turn to on, and re insert the fuses. then turn ignition off.
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

yea if the unit isnt powering up and it has power and ground the brain is bad...

chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

Make sure you have the antenna plugged in.

aarone0313 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
antenna is plugged in. I am going to go over my wiring again to make sure I did not miss anything. I swapped out the brain and key fobs and still no luck so something is off. All of the fuses test ok.
Quick Question
The 'Relay Satellite' has 2 red 12v wires and one RED / white which the manual makes it sound like the RED / white is optional if additional current capacity is required. I have not hooked this one up is that a problem?
Anyone know what the wires in the ribbon cable from the relay satellite are supposed to measure? I'd like to test the output of that component to make sure it's good.
Thanks for the help guys.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Both reds NEED to be connected. The ribbon cable wires are all the negative triggers that activate the relays in the XCRS. They go to ground when activating ignition, accessory, starter, etc.
aarone0313 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
ok both of the Reds are connected so I should be ok there.
So it sounds like the XCRS gets no power from the relay satellite from your description. So what would happen if I just tried to test the XCRS by plugging in the H1 12 pin connector and see if I at least get power (along with the antenna, valet switch and LED). Would that take the relay satellite out of the equation for now.
I know the unit will not operate properly like that I just want to test to see if the unit powers on.
aarone0313 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
alright the starter will now click on and attempt to start the car 3 times. It does not attempt to crank but I do sense a voltage on the purple starter wire from the relay satellite. If I put the key in the ignition it does not crank as well but if I put the key in and turn it to the on position the car will start and stay running. The starter wire going to the relay satellite also has voltage running to it.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like an ignition is not powered up check that out
aarone0313 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
The ignition wire has power. There is a disperity on the wiring diagrams here though and I've only got the one ignition hooked up.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=53315
One post shows the ignition is dark blue (which I've got hooked up correctly) and then the one diagram says that RED / white (with autostick only - which I don't have) which is why I only have one ignition wire connected to the remote starter. The other post in that link says there is a second ignition at the ignition switch harness colored BLACK/ orange. I did not hook that wire up to anything. I guess I should hook it up and see and perhapse someone could clairify if there is infact incorrect information for the vehicle wiring here.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic