icon

2006 Dodge Caravan alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sport62 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
I have been doing this for a living for 5 years and have never seen the problem that I encountered today. WIERD. The funny thing was, it worked for 2 days fine then all of the sudden it quit working. I don't know. Damn new cars anyway. I will take a corrola or sentra anyday over a new dodge.
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I don't have a ACC wire hooked up.
What wire did you hook your PURPLE / brown (starter 2) up to with the resistor?
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
sport62 wrote:
I have been doing this for a living for 5 years and have never seen the problem that I encountered today. WIERD. The funny thing was, it worked for 2 days fine then all of the sudden it quit working. I don't know. Damn new cars anyway. I will take a corrola or sentra anyday over a new dodge.
So was it the tach? I've had about 5 come back for that. It worked fine when they left (sometimes for months) then they call and say it's not starting..
From now on I'm always hooking up the tach..
sport62 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
I just used the second starter wire through a relay and turned it to a full strength negative and had the resistor on the output (30).
azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

Acc powers up through Ign.

But putting the key in and everything shutting down is odd.  When you put the key in and everything powers down, and you restart the van does everything start bakc up fine?

Did you cut the PURPLE / brown wire??

tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
azn_fcuk wrote:

Acc powers up through Ign.

But putting the key in and everything shutting down is odd.  When you put the key in and everything powers down, and you restart the van does everything start bakc up fine?

Did you cut the PURPLE / brown wire??

Sorry I should have been more clear.. When I remote start everything works fine. Radio/heater/etc all come on and work.. I put the key in, turn it to on, everything still works.. It's not until I hit the brake and the remote start hands over the job to the van is when the accessory stops working.

When I start the car with the key it never works..

When I unplug the relay and start with the key it works fine so it's something with my relay wiring.  I test all my relay wiring:

Pin 86 of relay is connected to brown wire of 6 pin (starter wire).. It gets 12V only on crank.
Pin 87 of relay is connected to ground and my meter beeps telling me it's a good ground.
Pin 85 of relay is connected to yellow/black of 11 pin remote starter (ground out while starting) and brown wire of bypass (CHDL6-PK2).
Pin 30 of relay is connected to violet/brown (starter 2) of van with 180ohm resistor in line ..

When I turn the key to the on position with the relay plugged in I hear a clicking noise that sounds like it's coming from under the hood.. The bypass also flashes somewhat eratically..

Any ideas? Thanks!
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
tbird2340 wrote:
green6767 wrote:
you dont need resistors for the parking lights if you go in the driver kick. its positive pulse there along with brake lights. WHITE/ brown for positive parking lights and WHITE/ tan for brake lights. much easier than wiring up negative parking lights with a resisor for parking lights.
The WHITE/ brown wire rests at 3.2 and goes to 2.3 when I turn the parking lights on.. I don't think that's the correct wire.. The only other wire down there that is WHITE/ brownish rests at 12v and doesn't react to the parking light switch.
you dont have the right WHITE/ brown then. I work at a Chrysler dealership and have done as many as 6 of these in a day.....trust me......its there. Driver kick panel. You have to cut two zip ties and some tape to get to the brake and parking light wires in driver kick. They are there, I'd put all the money I have in my pocket on it.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
I believe you.. I'm not really interested in the parking lights anymore.. More interested in figuring out my current problem.
azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

you can just goto the fuse box in the engine compartment and grab the parklight relay, the only porblem is that the dash lights wont come on, just park lights.

I always do that for the rams

chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

sounds like your relay is staying energized need to use a diode and isolate the relay.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic