module for window roll up and down?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
turbo_boss 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

Let me ask this one more time:

OK, do you guys know were exactly on the Lexus GX 470 or LX 470 is the window auto up/down factory module is located?

Could it be possible that the  Lexus GX 470 window auto up/down factory module is build inside the switches that goes on the drivers door.   

THX,

Isaac

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
i couldve sworn i replied to a thread like this somewhere. anyways, my 4runner has front windows auto up/down but not the back. i was planning to desolder a set of auto switches and put them on my 4runner, then use a 530t i have layin around.
I thought hard about this and it should work.
my 00 4runner doesnt have a window module externally, its not like what ive seen like on LS and GS. possibly, that switches of your have an external module.
your prado doesnt ahve auto up/down at all?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
turbo_boss 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  

My Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, only have Auto Down on the drivers door. It does not have Auto Up. 

I know the Lexus GX 470 has Auto UP/Down on the four doors on the driver side window switches and thats why I am asking if the Auto Window mudule is built inside this switches.  This way I can try to get this driver switches and install it on my car.

THX,

Isaac

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

Most newer cars (esp. Japanese) use a very complicated obstacle detection system that is way more involved then just a switch or motor.  They typically have an encoder built in to the motor that sends pulses back to the power window module.  If the puleses drop below a certain frequencey while not at the beginning or end of travel the windows will stop, and in most cases roll back down.

Other cars use current draw for anti pinch.  If your car does, then the swiches might be swappable.

Also, you should never drive windows with relays alone, as you won't have any anti pinch protection and you'll slowly wear your motors out.

Kevin Pierson
turbo_boss 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Guys, I was checking the Auto Page AC-78 Window Roll up module features and I really apreciate you let me know if the DEI 530T work the same way.(Point # 3)
Here is the Auto Page AC-78 features. Please check point #3
1.      Quickly press and release the window control switch to the roll-up position. The window will roll all the way up on its own and then stop when fully up.
2.      Quickly press and release the window control switch to the roll-down position. The window will roll all the way down on its own and stop when fully down.
3.      Normal window roll up and down is not eliminated. Press and hold the switch in either the up or down position. The window will move in the direction selected and then stop when you release the switch.
4.      Both the driver window and the passenger window can be controlled from the driver’s side switches.
THX,
Isaac
turbo_boss 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Come on guys, I am pretty sure many of you have install a DEI 530T. Please let me know if it work as point #4 above.
I really dont want to loose the Normal window roll up and down and prefer to get a DEI product.
THX,
Isaac
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic