icon

viper 1000, 2006 MK 7 Transit van

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the viking 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
First of all I best say hi to all you guys and girls on the forums as you can see I am new around here and am in the UK . The question I have is Im fitting a Viper 1000 alarm to my Van over the Christmas period and have been looking over the wiring details and with the 3 wire imobilization diagram isnt that clear to me as it states that the default setting is normaly closed now to me that would have the starter turning with the ignition off ?
genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
N/C or N/O describes the circuit when its not active. When you arm the alarm you make the circuit active. If you loose power to the system for some reason N/C will allow you to start the engine with your key but is not as hard for a theif to bypass.
the viking 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

Hi there im installing a viper 1000 with a window module to a 2006  MK 7 Transit van (UK model) and this vechicle has canbus on it and it does not have the regular type of wireing at the ignition swicth this looks to be conected via the canbus as it has very small gauge cables comming from the ignition switch . so where do you suggest I connect the yellow ignition wire to ? and where also would I find a suitable permant +ive  from under the dash area ? as the battery is under the drivers seat and I would like to find a feed under the dash area if possible that will not give any future problems with the canbus

Cheers The Viking

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
Not at all familiar with that vehicle here in the US, but a couple of ideas anyway:
Does it have power windows? If so, there is likely to be an ignition-switched wire running into the driver's door.....so maybe you can catch it inside the van, in the kick panel, before it runs into the door.
And how about the cigarette lighter, power mirrors, and so forth? Are any of them switched with ignition?
You could get switched accessory at the radio. It will drop power during crank, which may or may not cause a couple of small issues depending on what features you've hooked up..... but it's good as a last resort anyway.
As far as constant power, can you maybe dig around under the dash and find some sort of heavy, thick wire that has constant power?
the viking 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for relpy Chris just been outside and found a 12+ tvethat is for a 12 volt socket this is 12v + when running and 9v+ when cranking will this be suitable for the yellow supply line on the Viper unit?

Cheers

the viking 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hi there all I am installing a viper 1000 alarm to my vechicle here in the Uk and as this is am american product some of the terminolgy is different to what use. So the question is about the white wire on the viper 1000 this is for the park lights flash output in the supplied manual. am I right in thinking that this is a +ative or a - ative  output that flashes when the alrm has been triggerd and will stay active for as long as the alarm sound ? If this is not the case what is the intended use for this wire ?

Thanks THE VIKING

PS I hope you all have a good new year

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. The parking light polarity(theres another term for this in UK) is switchable through a jumper.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
the viking 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the answer I think we call them direction  idicators but is this active all the time whilst the car alarm is sounding or is it a quick flash to let you know you have armed the vechicle
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
itll flash as alarm sound.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
the viking 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for that but just one more thing is it the alarm module that makes it flash or is it the cars flasher unit that does this? so I need to know is that output constant 12 volt?

cheers

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic