icon

561T Valet remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tylerandtony 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

Had 561T valet installed professionally on my 2001 Isuzu Rodeo 4WD LS a week ago, and very strange on how it operates.  Cannot get any help from Directed electronics.

First, how the heck do you know when your car has actually started if you are inside a building?  There is no indication or signs that it is running.  Is there something that the installer forgot?

2nd, ok, your supposed to hit the remote (lock) three times to start car.  Hm, mine will take about nine times, and then today, my husband hit the lock button twice and it started.

3rd, I can put the car in drive after putting key in and putting it to the on position, and depressing brake. (I thought hitting the brake should shut off engine)  Some days, I can put the key in, in the on position, depress brake, and the engine shuts off. 

4th, my range has now decreased immensly.  I used to be able to unlock, or lock from 25-100 feet away.  Now, I can't do that unless I am about 6 feet away.

Can anyone tell me what is up with this unit?  I hate the thought of bringing it back only to leave it in the shop for hours.561T Valet remote start -- posted image.

Mrs. H
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

1st sounds like they didnt hook up the parking lights.

2nd are you sure that the its receiving the signal every time your hitting the lock button

3rd If you turn the key to the on position then hitting the brake will not shut off the car it will just turn the remote start unit off. So when it stalls you probally didnt have the key in the run position.

4th The rs should noit effect the range at all maybe pushing the button so many times has weakend the battery and cutting down on the range. Range is the reason I strongly suggest to all my customers to go with a rs that has its own remote.

tylerandtony 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your reply on this.  Well, it sounds like to me that I need to bring the car back in.

The salesman had told me that I didn't need another remote being mine did not have a chip in there.

Battery?  That could be right too, but I used my other one that has a fresh battery and the range was a little better, but not by much.

Thanks again!!!

Mrs. H

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic