icon

Commando Keyless entry Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lefhansef 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I own a 2005 Nissan TitanXE. In November I ordered a PowerLock/Keyless entry kit from Commando Alarms. I finally got the motors installed in the doors. Then when I tried to connect the Keyless entry module with the supplied connections it will not work. I have messed with it on and off for over a month now trying to get it to work. The keyless entry module has power and makes a clicking noise when I hit Lock/Unlock on the remote. The kit i purchased is here. http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?Productid=3270
I didn't intend to hook anything up as far as parking light or horn, all I have hooked up it the power, ground and the blue/green lock/unlock are wired into the door locks with the wire they provide. This appears to be the same instructions that came with the module. http://www.commandoalarms.com/CS30manual.pdf
Do I have to hook up the horn, lights, wire to the ignition? I didn't want to do this as all I wanted was basic look and unlock. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
rinscoe 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same problem, see post down the page some. I have the system set up on the bench with a small test battery. I can hear relays clicking as would be expected, but the actuators don't do a thing.
How did you connect the remote entry module to the power lock module? The instructions didn't give any directions on that, I've called Commando and they told me to hook the blue/green off the remote module to the BROWN / white on the door lock module.
lefhansef 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
The instructions were very vague. I connected the blue/green lock/unlock coming out of the keyless entry into the wires that come off the door lock motors. On the door lock set that I got there is a Blue and Green wire coming out of the bundle of wires that run to the door locks. In my case they were wrapped in tape with the bundle of wires. I assumed that that was what they were for since the extra blue and green wires were hanging out of the bundle. I inspected the wires and that appears to be what they were ment for they are spliced into the wires that un from the door locks. When I put a wire tester on the wires I get a light off of both the keyless wires and the ones coming off the doors when I lock or unlock. Glad to know someone else is going through the same thing. I emailed them twice about a month ago and I never received a response. I really wnt to figure this out myself rather than having to pay someone to do which iss why I got this "simple to install" kit.   
rinscoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
I have never gotten a reply via e-mail, but was able to get through to the tech line once. It's hard to deal with because their business hours are my working hours.
I did the same thing as you did, connecting blue/green together. The one time I spoke to someone there I told the tech that I did that and he didn't blurt out "oh man you've screwed it up now" or anything :)
I'm leaning toward the actuators being the problem, not the modules. Maybe connecting to the blue/green wires damaged them. As I mentioned I've got it out on the bench, am hoping to get to return to it tonight to fight with it some more. I'm going to try to wire the actuators up without involving the modules at all if I can figure out which of the connections are which.
Please post back if you figure anything out and I'll do the same.
lefhansef 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah thats a problem for me too. I work till 5 or later and by the time I get off I don't have much lite to mess with it. I posted in another forum and they recommended I switch the blue/green wires and connect them opposite. I tried that also and nothing. In another place I posted they said that there might not be enough voltage coming off the wires and that I would need a relay to make the signal stronger. This would kind of make sense considering I tested the blue/green wires with a line tester and got a light both when I locked and unlocked. I have had the kit sense I bought my car in November I would really like to get them working, hopefully we can figure this thing out.
Another thing I wonder about is the ignition power source and the other ground, from my understanding this is if you want starter kill but this could be what is keeping them from working?
lefhansef 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Oh forgot to mention, I don't think connecting them that way damaged the actuators because mine are working great. I haven't had any problem with their operation since I put them in. Just haven't been able to unlock with the remote.
rinscoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
I specifically asked commando about relays, none are needed, they are a part of that small door opener module.
Try connecting blue-green to brown-white as per their directions, you may get them working.
rinscoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Oops - forgot one thing - I don't think not wiring up ignition will cause the system to not work. But it will cause the doors to re-lock after 30 seconds because the system will not detect that you unlocked the door and started the car.
I only connected two grounds - one for each module. I need to revisit the diagram and see where the other ground you mention is.
lefhansef 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

So you have the extra blue/green wire coming off the wires from the door locks too.  They told you to go into the brown and white? Hmm, I will have to try and splice into those.  Seems strange they would put those extra wires there and they don't even work.  Yeah the other ground was orange and it had to do with the ignition being off.

lefhansef 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I posted in another forum and the guy over at alarmtek said that we have 5 wire locks there for the brown and white wires coming off the driver side actuator is what we should tap into. I haven't had a chance to try yet, he said that that was from the manual for the actuators. The only actual instructions I got were for the keyless module. The door locks only came with a picture, that just told me what the ground and the power wire were. Would have been nice to have instructions, its a good thing i found pics on the internet of what the install looked like.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic