icon

Commando Keyless entry Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rinscoe 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, that agrees with what Commando told me. I'm glad one of us is making progress.
One point though - I just went out and checked and the brown and white wires for both right and left sides are connected in the harness. So if we're just to connect to the driver's side then there'll have to be some wires cut.
lefhansef 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Last night after work I went out and trimmed the plastic off the brown wire and hooked the blue/green wires into and I got it to unlock with the remote. I think it ended up being the blue wire was the right one. It was raining and dark to I didn't explore much. I don't plan on cutting the wires I am just going to shave the plastic back and splice in. I am trying to find some T connectors that allow you to tap a wire without cutting. Hopefully weather permitting I will get them working tonight. I'll let you know.
rinscoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
You can get those tap connectors at auto parts stores, I forget what they're called but they have some trademarked name for them. I wanna say "Tap-Cons" but that's what a certain kind of masonary screw is called.
I think I might go mess with my system a little here in a while.
rinscoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  
What other forum did you post in? Here it's just me and you, would sure like to get some advice from someone that knows what's going on.
Planning to get on the phone with Commando today to try to isolate what's wrong with my system. I checked out the BROWN / white wires last night, and with both actuators retracted I get 12v BROWN / GND white, both acutators extended I get GND BROWN / 12v white, and with one extended and the other retracted I get no voltage. Don't see how connecting that to a 12v/GND trigger wire is going to make anything happen besides sparks.
rinscoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
How many wires do you have coming out of the door locking module? I just happened to notice that on the back of the box there's a wiring diagram showing a total of 8, with two sets of BROWN / white. The module I've got here is missing the right most 2nd set of BROWN / white. There's a place for the socket for those to be soldered down to the circuit board, but it ain't there!
lefhansef 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, got mine working this afternoon! While hooking it up I noticed that if the led wasn't plugged in it wouldnt work. I wired into the drivers side BROWN / white wires before they combined with the passenger in the wire bundle.   I believe the brown went into the blue and that is unlock. Now all I have to do is wire into the parking light, horn and dome light. I might attempt that this weekend. Let me know how it goes.
Are your door locks working on their own?
rinscoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
My door locks do not work at all no matter what I try.
The connectors on the module do not match up with a schematic on the box, or with an install document I found. There should be BROWN / white wires separate from the 6 wire harness. Those should connect be next to the 6 wire harness connection on the module.
My module does not have that connector (bare pin holes on the PCB are visible), and it didn't come with a harness to plug into it.
I was on hold for 1/2 hour last night then finally got to leave the tech guy a message which has not been returned yet.
lefhansef 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah my door lock module was missing two connectors too. I remember when I first put the locks in i was concerned about that. You have the central locking kit right, where if you lock one the other one is suppose to lock too. I had my locks working before I even started messing with the keyless. On the door locks when I first put them in the ground wasn't very good and they didn't work. Since you have them on a bench though it seems they would be easier to see where the problem is. Have you tried just pulling the actuator to see if they unlock?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic