the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

556H programming problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MX6boii 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Hey all, I'm installing a Valet RS on a 1995 Accord. I'm at the final stages and I can't get the 556 to program. I connected everything as instructed for Mode 1.
When programmingm, after I checked the LED is flashing once to indicate Mode 1. Then turned the ignition off and then back on. The status LED WAS supposed to blink once to show that it has learned the code.
In my case it never came back on. Under troubleshooting, there was nothing on the LED not coming back on but only if it was flashing or no steady.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Many hours spent on this install yesturday, for a friend.....
Thanks.
MX6boii 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone??? I tried programming with the second master key and still no good. After checking the LED for one blink and turn ignition off and then back on the LED does not light up signaling program successful.
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

95 do not need a bypass.

MX6boii 
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Very smart Chris. Now I know why I haven't gotten any replies, haha. Well that was a typo, I meant 2005.
Oh well, just wanted to update that I 'somehow' got it to work. Just when I was about to throw in the towel and take it to a professional. Seriously, what people say about these DEI bypass modules are true, they really are a piece of junk. The wiring was correct and I went through the programming at least 20 times. It doesn't turn out the way they say it should. This car's done. On to the next car.....
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
strange.... i've installed dozens of 556H's with no problems at all.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
MX6boii 
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
I have another problem now. So last night I got the module to program somehow. It will remote start. Now the car won't start by using the key. I think it's because the ignition wire is cut in the 7 pin connector.
I'm guessing that the module may not be programmed correctly, but I'm ALL out of ideas. This is giving me a really bad reputation. Especially when I have 2 more cars lined up to work on for this person.
Under 'Troubleshooting', it states that with the ignition on: if the LED is flashing=module programmed but not activated by input. If the LED is constant=module not programmed. What should the LED be doing to indicate correct programming?
I remember seeing a constant on LED when ignition is on. So why does the remote start work then?
Suggestions...Thanks.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
okay, 05 accord
use mode 1
green wire off 556h to pin #1 BROWN / yellow
yellow and yellow/black of 556h to pin #2 RED / blue
pink/black to the connector of the ignition wire at pin #6
pink to the opposite side of the ignition wire (toward ecm) (ignition is either yellow/black or BLACK / YELLOW, whatever the color is, its pin #6.)
check your wiring again, could be wrong wire or something came loose. (my guess is the pink wire of 556hs came loose)
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
MX6boii 
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
That's exactly how I have it wired up. I have been checking those wiring connections for the past 2 days and I know I have them wired up the way you described.
If the pink wire came loose and the ignition wire(BLACK / YELLOW) from that harness is cut, then the car shouldn't have been able to start. I taped up both ends of the ignition wire and I know it couldn't have came loose.
When I first installed the module on Sunday night, as described in your post, the car wouldn't start but just crank. After numerous attempts in programming the module I gave up. I wanted to start the car with the key and get it out of the garage, but I couldn't. I had to reconnect that cut ignition wire from pin 6 in order to start it.
Which brings me back to my original question as to how the car can remote start but not start by using the key?
Thanks.
MX6boii 
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
I got an idea this morning on what the problem could be.
Lets say the 556H LED was flashing rapidly meaning it's programmed but not activated by input. I am assuming the input they are talking about is the Blue/White (-)ground in wire. The past two modules I installed (555H, 555I) I used the blue status output wire on the 4pin satallite harness. The color of that ground in/status wire was blue on the bypass modules. So the wire color matches, blue wire from the satallite harness to a blue status wire on the 555H/I.
Now the 556H's ground in wire is blue/white. The only matching wire which may work for a (-) ground in or status output is the H2/5 blue/white emitting (-)200mA 2nd status output. This is from a Valet 561R unit.
Am I making any sense and is this plausible? Both units are by DEI so matching wire color is understandable.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
im pretty sure your bypass module is messed up if you connected the 2 sides together and you couldnt start it with the key.
Because the pink and pink/black shows continuity when nothing is applied to the bypass.
(even PKH3)
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic