icon

556H programming problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
i always use the blue status wire in the 4 pin plug, regardless of what wire color it is on the bypass module (even the 556H)   you should use the blue status wire, not the blue/white 2nd status.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
MX6boii 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tip Kevin. I have the blue status wire connected by the way. I'm pretty sure you can tell I am desperate and anything I think of to contridict what I installed will make me try it out.
Captainzab, I like your assumption. These units aren't that solid electronically. The problem is that I ordered this online and I don't know if I can persuade them that the module is broken. I'll give it a try though. I took a look at the wiring of the bypasskit for this car and it's like only 3 wires to hook up without touching the ignition wire!
I'm getting the car back on Sunday to assess this problem.
Thanks again, but keep the ideas coming.
MX6boii 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I just installed the new 556H unit after returning the old one. This time the key is able to start the car and the module is lighting up indicating it is programmed. BUT it still will not remote start. When I turn the key to the ignition slot the module is blinking rapidly meaning it is programmed but not activated by input. What does that mean? Which input?
Confused and wized off...
Thanks for helping.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic