icon

Compustar 2wss

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ira1947 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
I have a installed and working fine Compustar 2wss remote start alarm.  My issue is I CANT start my vehicle with the regular key, if I use the alarm remote start it starts fine, but not with key. Most everything I ohm-meter is coming out good 12v.  Im stuck here.  When I put my key in, there seems to be a "delay" until my dash lights up.  I think it may be the compustar brain, but I am not sure.  I have a CHEVY express van,v-8, auto, Im out of ideas.  Im gonna hit this again tonite, but I was hoping to get some fresh ideas on what to diagnose or look at.  Thanks for your help.  I have a diode on the starter kill for my LED, but I dont think that is bad cause remote start works, and the light still works when armed.  Do relays go bad? 
Compustar 2wss
ZipPhReaK 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
I'm assuming you cut the vehicles starter wire, for the starter kill relay. So it's possible you've hooked the key-side, and vehicle side of the vehicles starter wire to the wrong terminal on the relay :) Thats a pretty good place to start.
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
I believe its your starter kill also. I do not think that you have the wires reversed because that would cause it not to rs. I think your starter kill relay is staying engaged It will still start with the rs because it uses the starter kill relay as an antigrind.
ira1947 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I had it hooked up for a good year and it was working correctly, this problem just started happening today, out of the blue.  I didnt touch any of my wires.  But now today, when I try to start it with the key, I noticed my dash lights do not come on, like its not noticing turning the key in the ignition cylinder, kinda like the ignition switch is burned out, but ignition switch works.  There is a slight delay until my dash lights come on, after I put my key in, sometimes it takes 5 mins, sometimes it takes 2 seconds, after I put my key in ignition and attempt to start it, that the dash lights will come on. But, I can start it no-prob with remote start. Its like its not noticing me turning the key.   If you can understand what Im writing here I cant explain it any better. 
Compustar 2wss
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like the ignition switch is going bad. I have seen that happen on gm's eventually it will stop working.
ira1947 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Ignition Switch. 167.29 w/tax  2 hrs install for me.  Inverted torx on the column, and even a SMALLER INVERTED Torx on the switch itself  was fun. If you can tell me why GM does this, Id bow down. Ridiculous. Sorry for the irrelevant to car security post. Have a Nice Day. Thank You to those who replied.
Compustar 2wss
Sad, little man 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
ira1947 wrote:
Inverted torx on the column, and even a SMALLER INVERTED Torx on the switch itself was fun. If you can tell me why GM does this, Id bow down.
To make it harder to take out what you were trying to take out. Compustar 2wss -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic