icon

2001 Durango, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
milkman1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a R/S on a 2001 duango w/electric lock and factory alarm. Where do I install the the following wires Green, blue, ORANGE / black.  On the car lock and unlock is the same wire  so do I hook the green and the blue to the same wire? The instuctions say the orange /black wire goes to the data port on pin 2 wire color ORANGE / black. My pin 2 is purple / YELLOW do I connect to this one? 
ers1121 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged  
What brand system are you trying to install?
Ed
milkman1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  
The remote start that I puchased is a Directed Electronics model 24927. This R/S has remote keyless entry.  When I purchased this I thought it would be ready to install. The package included a DVD that had very little helpful information on it.  When I got into the package found out there was more parts to buy and was not near as easy as to install as the package made it sound. So I am into the project  and now need some advise.
milkman1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  

The 457C that I was told that is needed is a DEI brand to be used on a DEI Remote Start.

milkman1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Just installed a DEI remote start # 24927 with  a DEI 457C data bus interface and a DEI 555C interface module. The vehicle is a 2001 dodge Durango. The horn will work, the park lights will flash but nothing else works. The momentary button will also flash. There is nothing in the kit to plug into the sensor port. This is the first time I have installed a R/S so any advice would be helpful. Today I was on the phone with tech support for 1/2 hour and then got cut off before I could talk to anyone.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm... Does the ign ckts fire up at all? Check the hood pin and the neutral safty [toggle switch] make sure it's grounded and the hood pin isn't Its a pretty basic install... make sure your 2nd ign is hooked up or it will pop a code.. and ya use the right resistors for your door locks....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
milkman1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply. No the ignition does not fire. The hood pin is unhooked... the brake wire is hooked up...the 2nd ignition wire is connected...for the door locks I used the DEI 457C data bus interface (that is hooked up to the data wire on the diagnostic connector.Here is a list of the connections that I made if anyone knows the exact wires on the durango:

Remote start module

Heavy Gauge wires: Green-ignition 2    Pink-constant 12V+   Blue-ignition1   white-accessory1 &  relay for acc2   Pink-constant12V+   Yellow-starter   Black-ground        (I am confident these wires are hooked up correct)

6-pin connector:  yellow-park light +   BROWN / wht-blu/wht on 457C   Violet-hood pin   Orange-brake wire   WHITE/ black-blue activation- on 555c interface module   RED / white-not used

8-pin connector:  green-not used   blue-horn   RED / black-not used   YELLOW /GREEN-not used   GREEN/ wht-not used   yellow/brown-not used   brown & gray/black-driver door and passenger door trigger (I put a diode on each trigger to allow current flow to the R/S module

3 pin connector:  yellow/red-green on 457C interface   whit/red-blue on 457C inteface

momentary switch:  plugged in and the light flashes

antenna: plugged in and it recieves a signal to turn on the park lights and honk the horn

sensor port: empty

the fused light flash jumper: closest to the end of the module

457C data bus interface

red-12V+   black-ground   ORANGE / black-purple / YELLOW wire,pin2 in diagnostic connector

555C interface module

red-12V+   blue-WHITE/ black in 6 pin connector

milkman1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

The Durango will now remote start. The door lock & unlock buttons will arm or unarm the security but the doors will not lock. Also the panic button does not work. Anyone have any suggestions?

milkman1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
Also the remote will only  work if I am within 100 feet of the durango. I mounted the antenna verticle behind the rearview mirror and am wondering if this is the correct place to mount
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
in order for it to lock/unlock, it is a 1 wire system you need to use resistors, and find the correct resistance for lock and un lock, use a multimeter and measure the resistance when lock, and when unlock and get resistors to mimic that.
Matthew Robertson
Senior Installer
Best Buy Deerfoot Meadows
Calgary, AB, Canada
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic