icon

interfire amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
i was just wondering if interfire amps were any good, like if they were preaty well made amps and if they put out the power that they are rated at? anyone have any exspirience with them?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
No, no and no... They are in the same class as Audiobahn.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
overrated power claims, lots of sloppy work on the equipment.
I had a local guy trying to pawn that equipment off on kids, he didnt last very long, when the returns started coming in he was done for
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
slowrydr monikr 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
I had Interfire amps when I was a noob in car audio back in da' day!!!   I just got the cheap amps at the swap meet but soon realized you get what you pay for. Sounds good, but not for long, didnt even sound that great but for the price it was acceptable....The problem is reliability, durability, the build of the amp, which all of those were present in these Interfire amps..I learned my lesson the hard way, stay away from generic manufacturers who you never heard of, good chance there's a reason why you never heard of them...When it comes to car audio, only purchase high end equipment, it may be more expensive but will last you and performance is also consistent !!
T15002 Bridged@4ohms
(2) 15" D4 RF T1 Subwoofers
P8004 1farad cap
(6) MBQuart Premium Tweeters
(2) Mids (All w/ networks)
6ch Audiocontrol Line Driver
170amp High-output Bosch alternator
silverdrgn 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 3:55 AM / IP Logged  
I was going to buy two of these to take care of my setup but I changed my mind and went with JBL. I called them and asked about their CEA rating and they stated that they were in the works but from what the rep told me their numbers were all legit (Riiiiggghhhtt). I told him what kind of garauntee they gave for their numbers and he said none. I asked if they would retunr my money if theyre product was not as said. (they treied to pull of that they were in the same class ass JL audio and Alpine---Rrrrriiiiggghhhtt). My suggestion is, stay clear until they get CEA certified. At least then you can be sure there is some type of standard. The JBL's were not much more expensive and they are CEA certified and have been around some time. Like slowrydr monik said stick closer to higher end stuff. Just my 2 cents...
My brain threatens me all the time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic