icon

06 Altima Python881 trunk pop problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NYDesi80 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the run down: 06 Altima with a Python 881xp just installed.  I had 2 main problems which one of was fixed but right now I can't pop my trunk without unlocking the doors first.  But here is the wierd part: Once I unlock my doors I can pop my trunk open and then if I close the trunk and then lock and arm the car, I can still pop my trunk open with the car in its armed and locked state.

But once I start and stop the car engine, get out, lock and arm the car, I no longer can pop my trunk anymore wthout having to unlock and disarm the car, but once I do that, I can pop my trunk even if the car is armed until the next cycle of starting and stopping the car engine.  I called up my installer and he told me that this is just a design flaw and nothing can be done about it, is he right or am I being bulldoodieted? 

Please help.

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Does your car have factory trunk pop? and he is using that?
If so, some cars doorlock switch, and other switches die after the car is turnt off. And that you have to "wake it up" again. (im not even sure if your follows this trend)
IF it was an aftermarket trunk popper, you should be able to trunk pop anytime you want.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
There may be a keysense wire that needs to be pulsed in addition to the trunk pop wire...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
NYDesi80 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
My car does have factory trunk pop on the OEM key fob, I just need to have confirmation if it can be done on an 06 Altima so I can go back to him and tell him for sure.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
also try pulsing the disarm wire b4 trunk pop
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
here's what i come up with:
Trunk/Hatch Release      RED / black or blue/red       -       BCM to right of fuse box, pin 30
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
Strange.  I've never had that problem on any of the dozen or so 05-06 altimas I've done.  Have the installer make sure the factory alarm is set to be disarmed with the trunk release.  I beleive it's menu 2 option 9.  That is assuming that the factory alarm disarm wire is even hooked up.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

Hymer kind a hit it. He was looking at the Astrochart like me. 06 Altima Python881 trunk pop problem -- posted image. You'll need 2 relays

Relay 1) neg trunk output to pin 85. 12V, to pins 86, and 87, pin 30 goes to the trunk pop wire  PINK. Jump off of the NEG(-) trunk output and install a diode, cathode end towards your remote start . Relay 2) AFTER the diode, take this wire to pins 86, and 87  .12v to 85.  break the trunk pin wire ECM side to pin 87a, trunk side to pin 30 PURPLE / white. This will pop the trunk without disarming.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
That is how Nissans (and many other cars) are from the factory----the trunk pop doesn't work while the factory alarm is armed.
When you lock the doors with your 881, (or with the Altima remote, for that matter), the factory alarm doesn't arm for 30 seconds.
Observe the red light on the car's dash.......when you lock the car, it stays on steady for a period of time, then starts to flash---the alarm is armed when it starts flashing.
If you lock the doors (which starts arming the alarm), you can still open the trunk within the next 30 seconds, but not after.
I just tell customers that the car must be unlocked before the trunk can be opened, and they are generally happy with that.
There are always ways around such things, but are you willing to pay for it, or is your installer willing to do the extra work for free?
Two possible solutions:
1. Split the Python's trunk-pop output with two diodes. Connect one diode to the car's trunk-relase wire which comes from the switch.......connect the other to the car's factory-alarm-disarm wire.
That might or might not work.......the disarm and the trunk-pop wire are going to be seeing the signal at the exact same time......it's possible that the alarm needs to be disarmed slightly BEFORE the trunk can be opened.
2. Split the Python's trunk-pop output with two diodes. Connect one diode to the car's factory-alarm-disarm wire. Connect the other diode to a relay, configured for a positive output, to energize the motor that releases the trunk lid.
OTHER OPTION: Some remote starters (I'm not sure about the new DEI stuff) can be programmed to simply unlock the doors every time the trunk-release is pressed..........if your unit has this option, it would easily resolve your problem.........but you must also remember to re-lock the car when you're finished.
OTHER NOTE: You apparently haven't run into this yet, but I thought I'd mention it. Inside the glove box is a switch that disables the interior trunk-pop button, for valet parking.
If you move the switch, the aftermarket remote also will not open the trunk, as the output from the Python is simply connected to the same wire coming from the trunk-pop button.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Is there anything wrong with what I suggested....?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic