icon

02 Mercury Cougar PATS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
The 555p is alot differant than the 555f. The 555p has to be wired into the TX and RX wires. I have also been told that Fords can be loaked by the dealer to not allow additional keys to be programmed. If it has been locked you would have to take it to a dealer to have them make it where it can have extra keys programmed.
ethies 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a good way to determine if my car has been "locked" from adding more keys other than a trip to the (expensive) dealership?  Also, since the 555P works differently, might I be able to use it without "unlocking" my car?
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
My bad i was thinking of a 555s.  Yeah the 555p wires into the rx/tx wires in the car.  A little more work, but it does work.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
ethies 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
So wait, a 555P will work, but I have to wire it into the rx/tx wires, but what about the 555S?  will that work too?
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
No the 555s will not work on that car.
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
this is for ethies large price 555p 15.00 and xk04 30.00
dragon
ethies 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
I'll have to look online, my local shop said $15 for the 555p and $50 for the xk04
ethies 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
I got my 555p installed and working great. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice, it is greatly appreciated.
ethies 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

My decision that things were installed correctly and "working great"  was premature.  I hadn't had the time to look at it again but here's the low down:  I used a 555p to bypass the pats.  I programed it, and it remote started correctly.  Once.  It wouldn't remote start again.  It wouldn't remote start with a key sitting in the ignition either.  It would still start with the key.  I tried programing it again, and it was able to start remotely again.  Once.  I couldn't figure out what was going on, and in my frustration I tried programing it a third time thinking that I must be doing something wrong.  Now it won't remote start.  Not even once right after programing.  Has anyone run into this before?  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should be checking / changing?  Many thanks.

ethies 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
I am officially lost.  I still can't get it to remote start now, but it will start with the key.  It won't remote start even after attempting the programing process.  The accessory stuff comes on, but won't ever try the starter.  The troubleshooting diagnostic code says "no tach sense".  If anyone has any idea where I should start looking, I appreciate it.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic