icon

Need 12V switched in 2007 Yukon, Escalade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
porschemaniac 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone know what I connected to? I sure would appreciate knowing....

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Now you have me curious! I'm doing an Escalade tomarrow, i'm gonna pull the shroud and find out....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
porschemaniac 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks!  It sure was easy to use that wire.....
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
i did overhead video in an 07 escalade. Not knowing any better. I just tied directly into a pink switched wire I find in the the driver kick harness running to the rear.  3 months later threw a check engine light.  Cadillac technician told me the PCM has to see ZERO volts when the car is off. For whatever reason our over head unit is showing .8 volts with the car off.  The technician also told me, going to the ignition harness will cause the same thing.  I think I am going to try this brown accessory wire with a relay, then grab thick red out in the engine bay.  Any clue how to get into the engine bay through the firewall? Not seeing any easy spots to fish through. 
David
MECP Basic Installer Certification
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
check that, found a place.  sometimes you have to open up your eyes a little bit.  I'll keep you posted on how this works out.
David
MECP Basic Installer Certification
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  

Man we've done literally hundreds of the new bodystyle trucks already, every one got a relay triggered by the brown accessory wire at the switch. Not one has made the check engine light appear. David, your problem is why we use the relay...

Porsche, i did two today, an 07 Yukon and an 07 Escalade. Neither one had the brown wire shown in your picture!!!

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
porschemaniac 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  

Mike,

Interesting. Thank you very much for checking for me. My vehicle is a Yukon XL Denali with ever option so I wonder what the heck it has that an Escalade doesn't?  Maybe the service manager at GMC will help me to track it down.   

porschemaniac 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

The following is provided as-is:

On another thread someone mentioned the following and it seems to work - (much easier to find this wire than to pull off the knee bolster) -

Pull off the right side dash end cap (same as the fuse cover on the left side - but pull off the right passenger side).  There are three big gray block connectors (the top one may be empty on cars without a lot of accessories).  If the top connector is present- tap the yellow wire and test for 12V switched.  If the top connector is empty, use the thumb latch to pull out the connector block and tap the yellow wire from the rear.

Need 12V switched in 2007 Yukon, Escalade - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic