icon

Kicker L7 Opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f n lo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, i have decided after looking over the forum that i would like to go with a kicker l7 setup for my isuzu rodeo,(SUV). i want a sq setp that will be able reach some super high dbs'. im wondering how many and what size i should be looking at. one more thing, anyone know how i can find the most reasonable kicker dealer around my area? i only know of one guy and he over sharges like crazy!, thanx guys!
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
sorry cant help you on the dealers in canada   but maybe some of the guys on the fourm that are from up there will chime in
The L7 isnt a SQ sub at all but it can be reasonable clean if put inb the right enclsure
I would go with the 12" models and put them in a 3.75-4.0 cu ft box with a 2.25 x 14 x 18 slot port
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
f n lo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
so in that enclosure it wouldnt sound like doodie when im trying to listen to music? but it would still hit hard? is there another sub you have in mind that might suit my needs a little better?
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
The new Kicker CVX might be better suited for you
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
wildchildbmx6 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
do not use the 15" l7. hits very hard but sounds like crap. i have in a spl box so it was expected, but still, the 15" just cant move fast enough for sq
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
wildchildbmx6 wrote:
do not use the 15" l7. hits very hard but sounds like crap. i have in a spl box so it was expected, but still, the 15" just cant move fast enough for sq
What do you mean it can "move fast enough"
It is a misconception that a 15 cannot hit as "fast" or as "tight" as a 10 or 12 inch woofer
Read this
f n lo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2007 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
 i gotta a pretty sick deal on 2 l7s, from the states, 15'', im going to put ehm in a nice ported enclosure and hope it works for daily listening.. for amps, is it worth it to stick with kicker?? or go with something like the 2600 brutus from hifonics? and just wire the down to 1 ohm.... opinions on amp and box sizes woul dbe appreciated....tahnx guys!
imseth85 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
what he means by it not moving fast enough is that the sub is sluggish....it can only handle really really low frequencies, and won't really give you any range or precision.
Seth Alvo     NY
Mobile Electronics Installer
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Check out the MTX 9500. Before you judge that, go to mtx.com, they explain how many ways it's better than the L7 and JL W7. Much less expensive also.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
imseth85 wrote:
what he means by it not moving fast enough is that the sub is sluggish....it can only handle really really low frequencies, and won't really give you any range or precision.
aznboi3644 wrote:
wildchildbmx6 wrote:
What do you mean it can "move fast enough"
It is a misconception that a 15 cannot hit as "fast" or as "tight" as a 10 or 12 inch woofer
Read this
We know EXACLTY what wildchildbmx6 meant, but he was misapplying it, AND using it in FAR too general a method. That it why the link was provided. That is a vERY good paper, that you should probably read, too, imseth85. While the Kicker probably WILL sound like crap in an "SQ" installation, we, here at the12volt, will try to educate, and let people know that there is FAR more to car audio than what the salesmen at BestBuy try to teach everybody.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic