icon

Kicker L7 Opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, and after you read that bull crap on the MTX website, call them and ask them who won at USACi world finals in DTS and Sound Quality, then ask them what equipment they were using. It sure wasnt MTX.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
I know who Took alot of the throphys at USACi and DB Drag World finals, and who won the DTS challenge.     I have to see what issue but the car has now been featured and is the cover of CAR audio and mobile electronics.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Specs speak for themselves...
kicker guy 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
MTX.... now that is a joke.... I live in the same town that MTX has their R&D department.... and I will let you know a few things about them and all their "hype"  I find it very funny that they compaired the 8500 to the L7, anyone who knows kicker knows that an L7 is very power hungry and likes to be pushed hard.... and if you read the fine print on the .pdf you will notice that they are using 500 watts rms..... so of course the sub didn't perform like kicker says it does because MTX was underpowering it bad! And heres another thing.... When they tested the W7 against the 9500.... They tested the woofers sitting on the motors.... now I am just taking a guess here but I don't think that the vent on the back of the W7 should be covered when testing it.... just my opinion
When audio companys compare their stuff to someone elses stuff I never believe it because of course they are going to make it "look" like their stuff is better.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have no problem with MTX, I think some of thier claims are over exagerated, but all in all a good company still...And still making good product too.
My first competiton setup consisted of MTX woofers and AMPS, and I did well for as little as I knew then.
I like to support companys that supposrt us (competitors) back, They are getting few and far between, and even kicker is starting to direct its efforts into a wider market, but thats what its all about....MONEY        They still support thier competitors as much as the head honchos allow them too, and I will stand behind them as they have a great product and great support
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone seen the new MTX truck that claims it can do like 180+ dB with one Jackhammer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic