the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

component set comparison

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
I need a component set to complete my front stage. It also will comprise of 2 pair of Adire Extremis, so the majority of the midbass will be taken care with those. I've narrowed my choice down to four sets: Zapco CK16.2, PolkAudio SR6500, RE XXX, and Pioneer TS-C720PRS. I know you're thinking why the Pioneers? Well I read the reviews in CA&E which reviewed the Zapcos, Polks and the Pioneers and the Pioneers rated a half point better than the the other two. That's why they are in the mix. The fact that they are half the price as the others also helps. My problem is that I can't listen to these anywhere around here. I do have dealers for all these brands, but they don't have these models in there boards. All I can go by is what people say in forums and mags. The best set if had so far were a pair of Focal 165v's a couple years back so any of these should blow those away. Thanks in advance for your help. Oh, the HU is a Pioneer 980BT. Amp: Eclipse XA4000 and they will be going in custom fiberglass enclosures. sub will mostly likely be a TC Sounds LMS-4100 12". thanks again
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
dstang24 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  

I will personally recommend the Premier components.  I have two sets of the TS-C520PRS in my truck.  My shop has the 720s on the boards and 9/10 people whom I demo them for agree that they are some of, if not, the greatest speakers they've heard.  The midbass response is absolutely supurb on these.  I have the oportunity to compare these components against  Boston's top line the Z60's and most customers (including musicians especially) like the sound of the Premiers over the Z's.  They are more natural sounding at the high frequencies, plus the tweeters play down low at (I believe) 2 or 3 KHz.  Granted some extreme high end speakers such as Morels, etc. will sound better... IMO these speakers are well worth $1,000.  But at a price of $550 there is NOTHING that compares. 

Do some extended research and see if you can find a place relatively close to you that has them on display.  If you happen to be in the Phoenix area our shop does.  In fact, we are the only shop in town that does.  Check my tag for more info there...

Good luck!

-Dstang24 AKA Mike

teamedgeaudio.com

Team Edge Audio
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
thanks mike for the reply. I'll call my local Pioneer shop and ask again if the have any way I can audition the 720's or 520's. What you have said is what I've picked up from the mags and forums. thanks again
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Have you heard JL's ZR series?
What is your budget?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic