the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Security light flashing on 2000 GMC

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
Try this:      On your ground while running BEFORE your bypass module, tap off of that, and go to a relay. pin 87, and 86 get the ground while running. 30 goes to ground. 85 goes to your pink ign. wire on the harness. IN LINE with the ign. wire, install a diode with the cathode towards the relay.
throwback2332 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 5:20 AM / IP Logged  
Check to see if the bypass is staying activated once you put the key in, when you step on the brake the remote start system should shut off, thus disenaging the bypass. Some immobilizers don't like to see two keys.
If it's not custom, then it's not you.
jredecop 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan wrote:
Try this:      On your ground while running BEFORE your bypass module, tap off of that, and go to a relay. pin 87, and 86 get the ground while running. 30 goes to ground. 85 goes to your pink ign. wire on the harness. IN LINE with the ign. wire, install a diode with the cathode towards the relay.

Just out of curiosity what does this do? I hooked up the security disarm wire and it still does this. I put a remote start on a 2006 gmc sierra and used a different bypass module, one from bypasskit.com and it hooks up to the data link connector and I have had no problems with this truck. Guess thats the way to go because it actually "talks" to the vehicles control modules instead of bypassing them.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
I would strongly suggest getting a new bypass, the GMBP from bypasskit is my bypass of choice. It has been my experience that Bulldog product is not exactly 'high quality'. The GMBP has never let me down.
throwback2332 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have had sucess with the bypass module using data link. I have had only one come back and had to be replaced. Maybe just a bad unit who knows.
If it's not custom, then it's not you.
jredecop 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz wrote:
I would strongly suggest getting a new bypass, the GMBP from bypasskit is my bypass of choice. It has been my experience that Bulldog product is not exactly 'high quality'. The GMBP has never let me down.

Thats what I am going to do. I have to agree that the bullgod bypass unit seems like junk, but I really do like their remote start system, found out today its pretty much an autopage. They both have the same icons on the screen and the same sounds for starting and stuff, same button controls and programming, just different layout remote. Thanks for your help, I will put in the GMBP, I like the datalink stuff.

jredecop 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

Thinking about using PLDATA, from what I understand its the same thing as GMBP but with less features, still databus. Anyone have experience with this unit?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic