icon

2007 toyota avalon starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparkyz125 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with finmding the starter wire in an 07 avalon. It has the smart start where you get in with the fob and press the button once to turn it on, a second time to go to ignition, and a third to start the car. I searched for a few hours and came up with nothing. If anyone has any info on this car please let me know. Thanks.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
www.carsound.com/forum
visit Security forum
Search for 2006 Avalon. Also search for Infiniti M35/M45, as that article goes into greateer detail, even though it's a different car.
You might also consider the dealer-installed Toyota remote starter, although it has limited range, and only a 10-minute runtime.
sparkyz125 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I only got a chance to look at it quickly since I'm still here at work. I am actually trying to install an intoxalock in the car, so I only need to do  a starter kill. After searching for a starter wire and finding nothing I thought I would try using the brake wire going up to the push button as the "starter wire", since you have to have the brake pushed to start the car. Unfortunately for some reason when the wire is cut the car starts as soon as you push the button. I'm not sure why unless the brake wire at the switch is only to turn on the green light on the switch. The other idea I had was to maybe try directly at the brake switch so the computer doesn't see the brake pedal pushed????? I will look through both links more thoroughly tonight so if my question is answered in the links don't worry about replying. Thanks again for your help and any other ideas you have.
sparkyz125 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
I got a chance to look through the rest of the info but didn't see anything that looked like it would work. The customer has his car back now and I was going to call him to bring it back in once I got more information. Do you think that doing the starter kill directly at the brake switch would work, or is there a wire at the switch I could possibly use. I do have the toyota wiring diagram for the starter ciruit, but unfortunately it doesn't tell you where in the car to look for any of the wires. Thanks again for your help.
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

I wouldnt worry about a starter kill honestly if the car has a push button start. 

sparkyz125 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
An intoxalock is a device that will not allow the car to start until you blow into it, and then it reads your blood alcohol content. If your impaired it will not allow the car to start. So I do have to find a way to keep the car from starting unless the device is used.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
Why not use the input to the push button as the kill? Years ago we installed ignition kills instead of starter kills, it would be the same thing....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
I would think that either of these would work:
--Interrupt the brakelight wire at the brake pedal switch.
or
--Interrupt the start/stop wire at the start/stop switch.
Also, look around in the underhood fusebox. You might find a starter fuse or relay there you could do something with.
delexatek 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
07 avalon starter wire: 16ga. White (brake signal) in Black connector attached to the right side of the P.D.B. (junction box)
sparkyz125 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

The junction box is under the driver side dash correct???

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic