icon

what remote starter to buy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daddy249 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado and I would like some input on witch remote starter would be better. I have been looking at the Valet 561T and the Ultra Start 1155. Also any input on a Bypass kit would be appreciated.  Thanks.

dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

Check out www.bypasskits.com for a list of modules. they make modules for almost every vehicle with a factory immobilizer as well as modules that can also control door locks, oem alarm, heated/memory seats, rear deforster, parking lights etc. As for the remote starter, i don't install either of those on a regular basis, although i would suggest checking out Viper or Autostart. Those two companys are my favourite and if you don't have too much experience with remote starters, i would stick with Autostart. Its one of the most installer friendly remote starters i haver installed. It also offers a very good price with comprable quality.

throwback2332 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
I like scytek 5000rs system, you can even control to cars with one remote.
If it's not custom, then it's not you.
jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
I love the ultrastart units. I have installed on my 2003 suburban 1500 an ultrastart 4270 2way r/s alarm with a bypasskit gmdl-bp. The by pass works the doorlocks, the factory alarm and immobilizer. very easy to install, and I haven't had a single problem going on 3 years now. If you dont want a 2way then ultrastart 2270 is bulletproof. and if you only want r/s only (no alarm) then the 1270 is the best bet.
jmacf14
imseth85 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
Valet and viper are the same company....Directed electronics. They make awesome units, and they're all really easy to program. They last a long time too.
Seth Alvo     NY
Mobile Electronics Installer
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed both - they are both quality units.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
My preference would also be DEI. The 561T you mention would work fine, however it is an add-on RS, which means you would have to use the factory remotes to activate the RS by pressing lock 2 or 3 times(this is a programmable option in the menu)pressing the lock button on the door would also activate and deactivate the RS. The factory remotes do not have the same operating range as the DEI would. If you are looking to keep cost to a minimum I would recommend you pick up either the 561R or the Avital 4100 they are the same exact unit, but the Avital comes with 2 remotes the Valet only comes with one. If you don't mind spending a little more I strongly recommend the Valet 562T or Avital 4200. These units have dedicated lock and unlock buttons.
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I would have to go with the AstroStart units. The 4204 is a great pageback unit and the 2205 is also another great pageback unit, but just a bit cheaper without the LCD screen. I would also get the GMDL-BP bypass kit.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
Compustar Pro is my prefered unit. Ultra Starts are good units also just beware of buying them from ebay....
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
The best auto starts on the market are made by Autostart. The AS-2400 is the king of remote starters. Great range, easy install, super reliable etc.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic