problems with omega db dlm modules

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NismaX 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
Hi
I have been installing automotive products for years now and have never had as many issues as with these omega db-dlm modules. They have been particually troublesome in '03 and up Chevy trucks, Tahoes and Suburbans with the databus locks. The problem is that they just quit working after a year or so. Omega is great about exhanges but this is really getting tiresome. Talking to tech support isn't getting any place. These are simple enough to hook up with power ground data lead and door lock wires. I have been using AST's remote starters for the past few years and they have been working very well with few issues. Does anybody have any input for what might be happening. The only thing I can figure out is maybe the output of the AST R/S is somehow dirty. I know they aren't dual polarity which I could see as a problem. Any input would be helpful at this point.
Thanks in advance
Jon
Traveling Electronics
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Are those rebadged pieces from Trilogix, or something different?
Where are you getting your constant power source?
I've noticed that some installers like to get constant and ground at the car's OBDII plug. That constant wire also share's the car's cigarette lighter fuse. And Trilogix modules don't have a memory, and often have to be reset if they lose power.
If the unit is wired for constant at the OBDII plug, and the customer blows and then replaces the lighter fuse, the Trilogix unit sometimes has to be reprogrammed.
Not sure if the Omega stuff is the same. Next install you do, after you're finished, unplug it for a few minutes, plug it back in, and see if it still works.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, omega bypasses are rebadged trilogix pieces.
NismaX 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
Hi and thanks for the replys
I'm using the chassis ground in the kick pannel and the positive right from the ign harness. These have got to be the best sources for this that I'm aware of. The remote starts themselves have few issues with these sources of power. I don't use any of the ground or power from the Passlock wiring. Although I did notice that Omega changed where they get power and ground from in one of the newest bypass kits. It's from of all places the Passlock wiring.
Jon
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
As mentioned most likely losing power. Pop the hood and/or ask if they recently got a new battery or had any service done on the vehicle. Just reprogram the bypass and send the customer on their way.. It's still much less of a hassle then putting relays in the doors.
Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic