icon

1990 zr 1 corvette, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mexi 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
Having problems with a DEI Remote Start. Anyone done one of these cars. The car is a manual transmission. The alarm was installed by a local Best Buy, now its here to get the remote start to work. The car is hard to start even with the key. Is it possible to bypass the gm vatts totally, what i mean is to do away with the system for good. Sorry this might be confusing but im very frustrated.
mexicang
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
yea, measure the resistance of the vats wires with a DMM set to ohms, (make sure to zero meter out first) and dont touch the wires, can mess with reistance, and splice in resistors that match up.  Cut the starter wire, so the car wont start during reading.  that way, you can hold the key in crank a lil longer to get good reading. 
mexi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

do i have to use a relay or can i just slice a resistor inline . making think the key is always in the ignition

mexicang
rudydapimp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
you can just splice the resistor inline, but it will make the vats ineffective. you can relay isolate it, so that it will only work during remote start.
mexi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
The customer wants it out. Hes had problems with it before. Thanks for the info!
mexicang
mexi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Ok bypassed the vats car still wont remote start unless i turn the key slightly forward. Not all the way to the on position but just before. The vats is permantly bypassed with an inline resistor.  The car starts with the key but not with the remote start.
mexicang
imseth85 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
not sure what you mean by "inline". To do what you are trying to do, cut the wires in the orange tubing, and connect the resistor to the side of the tubing going to the car....the side going towards the key should just be a dangling tube when you're done.
Seth Alvo     NY
Mobile Electronics Installer
mexi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thats what i did. The car still will only remote start if i turn the key slightly forward. If i turn it to on or back to acc. it wont even try to remote start.
mexicang
rudydapimp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
verify your connections to 12v constant, acc, ignition.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic