icon

07 traiblazer, 561t, 455g, 555l

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the9fan 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
I got my Valet 561t finished yesterday. Remote starts ok with OEM remotes and passed all security/failsafe tests ok. I did notice one odd behavior though. When the remote start kicks in it unlocks the driver's door and remains that way unless you interrupt it with a kill routine or kill it from the remote. Isn't this thing supposed to keep the doors locked, but the anti-theft off? Thanks in advance.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
You do not need the 455 if you are not using aftermarket remotes to control door locks. It sounds like your 455 is unlocking when the RS sends the ground for FAD. The factory remotes will control the alarm itself and the 555L will bypass passlock.
the9fan 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

When I'm pushing the "lock" 3x for "activation," how is the 561t going to disable the factory anti-theft without the 455g? Isn't the lock on the remote telling it to keep the AT active?

the9fan 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  

.... also the instructions for the 455g state " the factory security system can be armed and disarmed when locking or unlocking the doors or disarmed when remote starting while leaving the doors locked. "

Now I'm confused..... 07 traiblazer, 561t, 455g, 555l -- posted image.

the9fan 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
I got it working. I had the 561t factory disarm and rearm hooked into the 455g disarm/unlock and arm/lock inputs. Disconnected and works great. I guess the 455g can disable from just the blue RS input. 07 traiblazer, 561t, 455g, 555l -- posted image.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
Glad to hear it is working for you!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
The factory alarm automatically disarms when remote started. The 455G was unnecessary, although harmless.
the9fan 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Can anyone confirm if I need a relay at the rear hatch to get the rear defogger to activate? Thanks.
the9fan 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
.... sorry, I'm trying to activate it from my 561T.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

Yes you will. It's a purple wire and it's reverse polarity...located INSIDE the rear hatch/lift gate. at the LGM module. (it's the only BCM looking unit in there!)

Pain in the rear end!

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic