icon

subs and ohms

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hatchtjuggal 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
my subs i have 2 singel 4ohm and 1 dule 4ohm sub the guy at sound factory showed me and drew a dieagram of how to hook them up in sequence. but you all no more about what i want spl and good sound. i need the amp b4 i get the box build so im looking to get one in the next few weeks. but i also herd that the dule sub will be the only one moveing and makeing noise is this true?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  

They're obviously not all identical subs, but if they are not same brand and size...wipe the slate clean and don't use this combination.  No use buying an amp or amps for a sub combo that won't behave.  Now, if they are same brand and size, all being equal except for coil configuration, and you insist on using all three of them, use separate amplifiers.  You want to be able to control the power so that all three subs perform the same (as much as is possible).

A two channel amp for the two single coils and a mono amp for the DVC.  You could also look into the 5 channel amps and you'll have a pair of channels left over for the front speakers.

But nevertheless, post model numbers of these beasts per forum guidelines for best advice.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
hatchtjuggal 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
thay are all 10inh and 4 ohms
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:
But nevertheless, post model numbers of these beasts per forum guidelines for best advice.
This means for example "Honda (i.e. MANUFACTURER) Civic (i.e. MODEL) 2 door (i.e. SPECIFICATION)". 10 inch 4 ohm, means NOTHING.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
model numbers...not sizes.
Like what brand name and model subs are they
hatchtjuggal 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
alpine type s
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
if i recall those come in both dual 4 ohm and dual 2 ohm. you said you have 4 ohm subs is that with the dual 2 ohm already wired in series or is it the dual 4 ohm model?
Quad L Handyman services
hatchtjuggal 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
thay are all 4ohm.....
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

Alright.  One last chance, hatch.  The model starts with "SWS...".  We can do some research and find a DVC 4 ohm sub, but no single 4 ohm.  Tell the forum what you are working with.  And be specific.  If you're mixing up various brands, step #1 of my previous post applies and we're done.

but if they are not same brand and size...wipe the slate clean and don't use this combination.  No use buying an amp or amps for a sub combo that won't behave. 

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
hatchtjuggal 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 3:42 AM / IP Logged  
2 of them r sws-1041 and the dule 4ohm is sws-1042d    sorry i gess you jut wanted basic info....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic