the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

rca's and symbilink?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I've just changed my mind from an Alpine amp to a Zapco amp that uses Symbilink only. My problem is that I just bought my rca's from Knukonceptz.com and they have already arrived. Would I get any benifit from using the rca's then using a female to female converter into the Symbilink balanced line transmitter which then plugs into the amp. Or do I have to plug the BLT into the HU and buy Symbilink cables back to the amp and just be out the money I spent on the rca's.
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
You should be able to use adapters with no issues at all. There will be no benefit or detriment to your system either way you go. As long as you are paying careful attention to your installation, there won't be any difference either way...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
T.Hill 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
So do the Symbilink cables have any benifits at all?
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
The benefit to them, is balanced connections between Zapco components. The benefit to balanced connections is no chance of induced noice entering the system through signal cables. That is all. Detriments include DRAMATICALLY increased cost, as you must use Zapco Symbi-link cables, and you must use Zapco components throughout the system.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
T.Hill 
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks. I'll get to work as the weather get warmer... thanks again

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic