icon

02 grand cherokee parking lights?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
02jeepwj 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, How do I get the parking lights to work with my remote starter on my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee? I connected the wire from the remote starter to the paring light wire at the switch but it does not work. What do I need to do? Resistor?
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  
Im assuming that you used the negative parking light wire (yellow at the switch) it is a neg trigger through a 1300 ohm resistor. relay isolate from the switch. From directechs
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
If I remember correctly you can also just use the hazard light trigger without the need for resistors and isolation from the switch. Dark blue/Pink at the switch, straight negative.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
On those there is a parking light relay behind the dash. Its the bottom relay in a group of relays right there when you pull off the dash panel. It will click when you turn the pk lights on. Just pull the relay, and stick your negative parking light output wire in the top left pin of the relay receptacle. Then cram the relay back in. Done. No resistor needed.
02jeepwj 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
thanks john great advice!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic