icon

cliff design cd120c

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffliberty 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

does anyone know the specs on a cliff design cd120c sub cause i wanna build a box for my 2002 dodge dakota quad cab

i wanna build a ported box and just dont know where to start  please help me

thanks

jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
make the largest possible box for your application, since its a truck its probably not much so make it as large as possible. i dont know much about clif subwoofers, when your done share feeback about the subwoofer.
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
jeffliberty 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
when i had the sub installed in my sebring i had it built into the spare tire part of my trunk and it punded very hard but the enclosure was very small ive been told from some people that i need a ported box thats at least 3 cubic foot and with a 6 inch round port 8 inches in length does this sound about right
jeffliberty 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
its a 4 door truck so i have plenty of room behind the drivers seat and ill still be able to use the rest of the seat in the back
1998 VW GTI VR6 5 Speed manual, JVC kd-nx5000 plus 7 inch indash screen optima batteries Eclipse 7122 mono sub amp which im still having serious problems with, and a 12 inch Orion sub
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
jeffliberty wrote:
when i had the sub installed in my sebring i had it built into the spare tire part of my trunk and it punded very hard but the enclosure was very small ive been told from some people that i need a ported box thats at least 3 cubic foot and with a 6 inch round port 8 inches in length does this sound about right
That would make the tuning about 46Hz...a little on the high side for daily driving.
I would call their customer service and talk to them...but what you have heard from some people about a 3 cu ft box and 6 inch round port 8 inches long...there website doesn't even have online manuals to download so I really can't recommend any particular size enclosure or tuning.
What kind of bass do you want??? Sound quality?? All out SPL?? a little mix of both??
jeffliberty 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
i like low bass and spl so i guess a little of both
1998 VW GTI VR6 5 Speed manual, JVC kd-nx5000 plus 7 inch indash screen optima batteries Eclipse 7122 mono sub amp which im still having serious problems with, and a 12 inch Orion sub
jeffliberty 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

here is the specs i dont understand where to start sorry for being dumb

< >

CD120C

12" Competition Subwoofer

600 W RMS

1200 W Max

dual 2 ohm coil

400 oz Magnet

Mounting Dia. 11"

Mounting Depth 8"

-Mechanical Parameters –

Fs = 31.89 Hz

Qms = 5.701

Vas = 51.24 liters

Cms = 140.50 um/N

Mms = 177.30 g

Rms = 6.23 kg/s

P-Dia = 10 in

Sd = 78.53 sq.in

Xmax = 14.9 mm

-Electrical Parameters-

Qes = 0.36

Re = 1 ohms

BL = 9.932 Tm

-Electromech. Parameters-

Qts = 0.338

No = 0.445%

1-W SPL = 88.9 dB

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Download WinISD..then follow the directions on how to enter new driver data...then mess around with volume, tuning, and port area/volume
WinISD is very simple once you get the hang of it..took me about 10 minutes
jeffliberty 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
i cant figure out how to use that program, i dont know what i should tune it to (HZ).  i like low bass and i also like bass that hits me hard so i guess i wanna try and get both if possible
jeffliberty 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

the specs that i have posted came directly from cliff designes this morning in a email and it is listed as a competition sub so im not sure where to go from here

im sorry for being slow at this kinda thing as before i used to just build a box to make things fit but now i want a box to work perfectly or as perfect as possible

thank you for your time

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic