icon

03 tahoe, alarm, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hardbodys 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
i'm sure were my last post went the site is a lttle confuseing but i need the wireing diagram for an 03 tahoe Z71 for remote start and alarm .
hardbodys
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHEVROLET / TAHOE / 2003 / Remote Start
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts      red & RED / white       +       ignition harness
Starter      yellow       +       ignition harness
Second Starter      N/A            
Ignition      pink       +       ignition harness
Second Ignition      white       +       ignition harness
Notes: To avoid the check engine light from coming on and possible damage to the automatic transmission, the second ignition in this vehicle MUST be powered when adding a remote start system.
Third Ignition      N/A            
Accessory      orange       +       ignition harness
Second Accessory      brown       +       ignition harness
Keysense      lt. green       -       ignition harness
Power Lock      use Directed module 1700G            
Notes: If interface module is not available, refer to DirectFax document 1601.
Upper trim level vehicles may have a door lock switch on the right rear panel. If present use white (-) for lock and lt. blue (-) for unlock.
Power Unlock      see power lock            
Lock Motor      gray             driver door module in door
Unlock Motor      tan             driver door module in door
Parking Lights+      brown       +       driver kick panel
Parking Lights-      gray/black       -       switch or BCM, brown plug, pin B2
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
Hazards      white       -       steering column
Turn Signal(L)      green       +       steering column
Turn Signal(R)      lt. green       +       steering column
Reverse Light      lt. green       +       BCM, black plug, pin F
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
Door Trigger      see notes       -       see notes
Notes: The driver door trigger is gray/black at the driver door module in the door. The RF door trigger is BLACK/ white at the passenger door module in the door. The LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. GREEN/ black, pin A2, they are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back.
Dome Supervision      gray/black       +       BCM, black plug, pin E
Trunk/Hatch Pin      pink/black       -       BCM, purple plug, pin A1
Hood Pin      N/A            
Trunk/Hatch Release      N/A            
Power Sliding Door      N/A            
Factory Alarm Arm      arms with lock            
Factory Alarm Disarm      lt. green       -       driver door module in door
Disarm No Unlock      see factory alarm disarm            
Tachometer      white       ac       instrument cluster, pin A5 or PCM
Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in the left front of the engine compartment to the left of the fan shroud. The tach wire is in the green plug, pin 10.
For tach can also go to any of the ignition coils or injectors and use the wire that is NOT pink, black, or brown.
Wait to start      N/A            
Brake Wire      white       +       brake pedal switch
Parking Brake      lt. blue       -       switch or BCM, lt. blu plug, pin A7
Horn Trigger      BLACK / YELLOW to black       -       column or BCM, gray plug, pin B9
Memory Seat 1      red       +       driver door module in door
Memory Seat 2      pink       +       driver door module in door
Memory Seat 3      N/A       +      
Interface Module:      Category:
Immobilizer Bypass      Required:
Yes      Type:
Passlock II
Part #: 1100F
Alternate Part1 #: 1100X
Alternate Part2 #: 556LW
Alternate Part3 #: 555LW
Alternate Part4 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part5 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module. The Passlock II wire colors are yellow, black (org/blk), and RED / white (not used). When using the 1100F or 1100X, a software change to 1100GM is needed.
Interface Module:      Category:
Combo Interface      Required:
Yes      Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 1700G
Alternate Part1 #: 457GW
Notes:
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Not Available
warning      
This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed Electronics assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for being so qiuck :):)
hardbodys
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
hardbodys wrote:
i'm sure were my last post went the site is a lttle confuseing but i need the wireing diagram for an 03 tahoe Z71 for remote start and alarm .
Your original topic in the Vehicle Information forum was renamed to include a little more information other than just "03 tahoe". It has since been deleted as a result of you creating this duplicate topic which has also been renamed. Adding this information to the subject of your topic not only helps us help you, but it helps anyone else with the same vehicle looking for the same information.
~wirewise~
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

thanks i'm sorry for the dbl post it won't happen again , and you guy's great thanks for all the help :)

hardbodys
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
i have a 03 chev tahoe and i'm putting an alarm with remote start in i got as far as the parking light , the wireing D show brown wire driver's kick panel i found 3 2 of witch have power when lights come on but stay powered for 30 sec after i shut off the switch were and how do i determin witch 1 it is ?
hardbodys
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
it also has in the diagram a pos and a neg for the parking lights do i need to use both some how or do i chose 1 or the other ?
hardbodys
cutter1122 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Parking LightsGray/BlackSwitch in dash
-
use this but is (-)
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Honestly, to eliminate the confusion, I would go the bcm right under the steering column to a grey/black wire. Its a negative trigger parking light, but its guaranteed to be the right one and work properly. Done many of these and this is where I go for them. Its very easy to get to, its right in fron of your face under the steering column.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
You only need to use one of those, not both. I recommend using the negative trigger as it keeps the draw of the system to a minimum.
As cutter has shown you can grab it at the switch, but going to the BCM is easier. To determine that you are on the right wire, you would put your red lead from your DMM to a constant +12V source, put your black lead to the wire you suspect to be the correct wire, and turn on the parking lights via the switch on the dash. If you are on the correct wire the meter will read +12V when the parking lights are on and read no voltage when the parking lights are off.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic