icon

03 tahoe, alarm, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hardbodys 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
and for parking light's there is a pos and a neg , the looks easyer to find do i chose witch 1 to use or are both needed?
hardbodys
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
oops sorry guy's you all back realy quick . i got 1 more ? do you use the 4 door triggers or the dome light
hardbodys
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
OK so far so good now i'm atempting to put in the 555l passlock interfase , witch plug in the BCM has the ORANGE / black wire and the yellow . the parking lights was the brown plug thanks by the way for that i found it no prob and that plug has an or/bl and a yellow is that them ? i'm almost done .yayyy 
hardbodys
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
The passlock wires are normally in an orange jacket. I usually pick these wires up in the ignition harness.
What are you using for door lock interfacing? If you pick up a 1700G, a 457G, or (my preference) the GMDL-BP, it will do arm/disarm/lock/unlock/passlockII bypass with one connection to the OBDII plug.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
ok i found 2 wire's in an orange jacket but there both white
hardbodys
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
i got the Directed install essentials 555lw
hardbodys
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure the wires you are interfacing with come from the key cylinder before you do anything.
I would send the 555L back and get yourself a module that does all of this in one. If you still have a warranty on the truck the electrical portion of it can be voided by cutting any wire in the vehicle. If you pick up one of the interfaces I listed above it eliminates the wire cutting requirement.
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
the 555lw was the only 1 i could find around and waht are the color's of the wire's i need from the cylinder ?
hardbodys
Twelvoltz 
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
If you read through the manual on the 555L it explains the possible colors. Yellow, Black (or ORANGE / black), and White (or RED / White).
Is it the upper trim level vehicle? Does it have the rear right panel lock and unlock button?
If you are doing a full alarm and remote start, how do you plan on interfacing with the door locks? Are you planning on going into each front door to interface with the lock/unlock and factory alarm disarm? This is how you need to interface with the door locks without a module. Or do you simply plan on carrying both the new remote and the factory remotes?
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  

were is that button and i thought that is what the 555l is for and the wires comeing from the cylinder are yellow/BLACK/ red-WHITE/ tan and lt green . the alarm is the clifford RS3.5

hardbodys
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic