icon

03 tahoe, alarm, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hardbodys 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

and can't i use the master lock/unlock in the drivers door ?

hardbodys
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
That is what I have been trying to explain.
NO you can not just 5-wire the driver's door, that will only lock and unlock the driver's door. Without a module you have to go into both of the front doors with a 5-wire and to the BCM with a Negative trigger for the remainder. You also have to go into the door for the factory alarm disarm. If you just pick up one of those modules it eliminates all of that as well as bypassing the PasslockII without needing to cut the passlockII or driver's actuator wires. Read over the diagram in the link I sent, it explains how to interface without a module.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
ok sorry :) i don't know were the right rear panel is or what upper trim level is , it is a 03 tahoe Z71
hardbodys
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
i have the 555l in place , now need to know how to do the doors with this module and the alarm 1 wire for lock and 1 wire for unlock .
hardbodys
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
You can not do the doors with the 555L, the 555L ONLY does passlock bypass. Did you not read the entire set of previous posts?
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
sorry buddy yes i did read the post but i was realy pressed for time so what you are saying is if find the GMDL-BP it will do it all right ? thats what i'm going to look for now can tell me or give me a diagram on how and were to wire it because the 4 relay that you gave me a link to look's like a big pain in the a*! . and sorry again i was working and trying to that @ the same time .
hardbodys
Twelvoltz 
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
It is a huge pain to interface without the module. You can get the diagram for the unit here.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
how about this. . .do you have a lock switch all the way in the back cargo area? if so then:
"Upper trim level vehicles may have a door lock switch on the right rear panel. If present use white (-) for lock and lt. blue (-) for unlock."
these would be on the back of that switch
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
i looked and didn't see any switch on the back panel :(
hardbodys
hardbodys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
i'm back i've been working my ass off . so down to buysness i've been looking for the GMDL-BP modul with no luck around here but i did find a 457GW will that do the same as the GMDL-BP ?
hardbodys
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic