icon

clarion sirius tuner harness layout?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
funkdoobiest 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2007 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

Here's my problem. I don't have the power harness that powers it up because the Cenet cable alone evidently doesn't give it power. But I've gone through 2 different used tuners and neither came with that power harness. All I really need is the layout to the connector so I can add it myself because nobody offers one for sale and there is almost NOTHING about this tuner online. The model # is SIR-CL1

Can anybody help me by taking a pic of that harness, finding a pic of it, or at least the layout? I've looked everywhere I can think of. Thanks.

duct tape 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

according to the manual

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBlobs/731/164/SIR-CL1.pdf

that harness is only used with the optional DSC920S remote commander, if you are just plugging the tuner into your clarion radio, you shouldnt need it.  check to make sure that the switch on the bottom of the unit is set to CeNet.

here is the manual for the DSC920S, i couldnt find anything in there, but i might have missed something  http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBlobs/148/231/DSC920S.pdf

Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
there are 2 yellow wires at the main radio harness, make sure they are both hook up to 12volts at all times one powers the radio the other powers the c-net circuit trough the cable
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
Rhoan 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Guys...

Been lurking around these boards for a while now and finally feel that I can contribute something worthwhile...  I bought a Clarion DXZ 645 to replace a broken dxz615.  The problem was that the cenet cable apparently wasn't supplying power to my 12-disc changer.  After checking around for a while I realized that there was a reference to 2 yellow (constant) power wires on the 16-pin harness, but only ONE is factory-connected.  I made a power connection for the free pin on the harness and bingo!  So try a constant 12 volt to the free pin on the power harness and see if this works.

Bnluis 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

didn't you read my prevoius post??clarion sirius tuner harness layout? - Last Post -- posted image.

Rhoan wrote:

Hey Guys...

Been lurking around these boards for a while now and finally feel that I can contribute something worthwhile...  I bought a Clarion DXZ 645 to replace a broken dxz615.  The problem was that the cenet cable apparently wasn't supplying power to my 12-disc changer.  After checking around for a while I realized that there was a reference to 2 yellow (constant) power wires on the 16-pin harness, but only ONE is factory-connected.  I made a power connection for the free pin on the harness and bingo!  So try a constant 12 volt to the free pin on the power harness and see if this works.

Luis
Sound Waves
Rhoan 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
Bnluis... I read your post, but what I was getting at in my post is the fact that my (genuine) Clarion wire harness did NOT come with the two yellow wires mentioned: only one yellow wire is on the harness.  What we have is a vacant slot on the harness.  He may have the same problem I was having, in that, he may be looking for 2 yellow wires.  I've had Clarion head units since 2001 and none of the harnesses has two yellow wires.  Rhoan.
Bnluis 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
you are right , clarion ommitted certain wires depending on the model of the radio.
Luis
Sound Waves

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic