icon

remote start issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swargy 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have been trying to hook up a remote start in my car for the past week, and ifnally got around to finishing it. I tried it and it didnt work and found out that it was my tach wire so i fixed that tried it again and it worked. Tried it about 2 more times and worked. I just tried it again and it stopped working and the error message was a tach wire problem. I didnt change anything with it, it just stopped working. I tried reprogramming the tach and i get this error message "No signal or the signal is not fast enough. Find a different wire" I dont know what other wire i could try but i did try different spots on the wire. How could this be possible that the tach wire just stops working. I tested it with my multimeter and it is measuring 0V when the car is off and around 2.4V with the engine running.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
what is the car and the remote starer ya used?
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
swargy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
car is a 1991 saturn SC
alarm/remote start is a compustar 2w900 with the cm3000 v3 brain
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  

Check the signal of the tach wire very close to the r/s brain w/ your VMM.

You can unclip that wire from the wiring harness it's on and re-seat it after you inspect the wire to be delivering 2.4V (A/C).  Do a system reset, re-learn the tach and see what happens.

The search function is your friend.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  

Do you have the dip switch set to tach? And where are you getting tach on the saturn?

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Also you may want to try and use the alternator sensing, those cars seem to respond well to it.
swargy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
well thanks for all the replies, I actually got it working already, i did just what xtreme said and used the alternator sensing, I dont know what was up with the tach wire but alternator sensing works just fine

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic