icon

scytek's scynet network interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know where I can get directions (if any) on how to use the scytek network interface and its software?
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
you have to call scytek and get the adapter, then you need to download the software from their website.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
I have the adapter and I also downloaded the Companion and wizard programs. What I dont understand how exactly this works. I know you have to plug it into the brain of the alarm. But how do you get all the info in the adapter before you go and plug it into your PC?
vitrox 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
you need to use a laptop or extend the wires.  the data port is the blue plug on the brain.  you must hook to that, then load the program on the pc.   Then you can adjust everything.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
So I must plug into the brain and into the labtop at the same time inorder for it to work?
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
No You can have the cable hooked to your PC and then plug into the brain.I like to have the unit hooked up before running the Scytek wizard.
BigDog
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
I dont mean to plug everything in at the exact time. This is what Im asking.... Is it possible to plug the brain into my alarm, and then once finished, unplug it from the brain and plug it into my PC in my room and run the wizard? Or must I have everything plugged in at the same time in order for everything to work correctly? Thank you
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2007 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  

Are you using a separate alarm and R/S?  The interface is designed to program Scytek productsonly.You can take the brain and hook it to your PC and program it then install the brain in your vehicle.Russ

BigDog
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2007 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Its an asianwolf 8000RS, so yea its a scytek. It has remote start with the alarm. So I Have a choice.... I can use a labtop, sit out in my car, hook everything up and do it all at once OR unplug the brain and hook it up to my PC. Correct?
vitrox 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2007 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
we use the pocket pc on our installs, so we program with the brain in the vehicle.  I don't really have any experience with the pc version because we don't have to resort to it very often.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic