icon

remote released gas cannister

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dr.death 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I am new here. As my CD player got robbed from my Jeep, I have decided to change my alarm, and I am in the process of buying a Viper 5900 or similar with a very long range.
My idea is to link the remote starter of the alarm to a solenoid that will release abnoxious gas into the car upon my command.
The idea is that when I am away from the car, if the remote beeps to tell me that there is a break-in, I can simply push the button to release the gas. I want to use a gas (may be pepper spary) that is painful for the thief. I have the car overseas, so I am subject to "protect the health of the thief" laws in California.
Other idea is to link the alarm to a subaudible alarm that will cause extreme ear-ache to the thief. Again, it could be triggered by the remote.
Are there any products avaialble in the market at this time that will make the thief VERY uncomfortable inside my car, forcing him to abandon it?
Dr. Death
Dr. Death says: Die you car thief, scum!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  

Don't do it....you'll get sued. There have been MANY threads like this, suggesting simular actions..... In most staes you'll get your butt handed to ya in a court of law.....no matter what the theif was trying to do. Believe it or not.....he's got rights too.  Just give up on your idea. Your gonna get flamed here........

The pain generator siren is the best plan of attack.

dr.death 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan,
Thanks for the advice. I am just trying to protect my property man. I am not trying to offend or flame anyone! Everyone is morally on the right side, except after being victimized.
Also, remember, my Jeep is in a pacific coast city in Mexico. They have no rules to protect the thieves there! People have electric doors and fences to protect against thieves. In fact, if they get hold of a thief, the neighbors will take care of him by giving him an extra dose of baseball bat on his fingers to make sure that those will reset crooked when healed. This frontier justice works!
I wish I could have electric fences in California. Sometimes, I think this is why America is going down - a thief has more rights for safety in my car than I, who paid hard earned money to buy the car. Well, that is a different rant!
But, are you aware of any device in the market that will trigger abnoxious smell or smoke, just like a smoke bomb - orange smoke -harmless but make the freaking guy inside choke (but will not kill), and make him run from the car? If there is no visibility inside, how is the idiot removing the radio?
Dr. Death
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

Who's gonna clean up your car after you make the perp. flee the scene? If you can do it leagally.....hit em with all you got. I would try an army surplus store for some "canned smoke"

Be careful....

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

Funny you ask this..I once had a customer ask me to use an output from his remote atarm system to blow up the car...basically he didn't care as much about the vehicle or the safety of himself or others as killing the thief.

Now could this be done??  Yes, very easily. Would I do it ?? No way Jose'. Not worth the risk of lawsuit due to injury and/or death..and it would come back to the installer one way or another.

In the days of old we use to solder razor blades to the back of the decks so as to cut up the thiefs hands..it would work..but would also make the thief angry and in retaliation they would do lots of extra damage to the car other then the theft and bloodstains all over the car......now don't get me wrong..I believe in the eye for an eye concept...but in reality it doesn't work out in this case...just get a good insurance policy.

splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
i remember seeing a clip yrs ago for security in south africa where car jacking was really bad. they used a type of flame thrower on the drivers side of the car with a flick of a switc and it would kill or disfigure the jacker in less than a sec....
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
* poof *    lol
dr.death 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I have a friend who used to be pro gun control. Once he got mugged in West Los Angeles at gun point! He literally wized through his pants! Immediately after that he became a gun "nut." My feeling is that after having a first hand experience of being victimized, everyone will switch sides, and will take extreme measures.
If I have a gun, and I am inside the car, a guy breaks-in I could reasonably blow him off, because it is self-defense. I have no idea what he has in his hand or what he will do to me. I am trying to protect my body/life first and then my property.
After reviewing your comments, the best idea seems to be a smoke bomb or generator, that could be triggered by simply by sending power to the unit. This causes no permanent damage to the thief or the car. The smoke will fill the car upon my command, and the thief will be forced to flee. Once I open the windows the smoke will go away in just a few minutes.
Now the question is what could you use to trigger the smoke? Would a Rainbird gardening valve that operates on 12 V do the job?
Dr. Death
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

Years ago the industry actually sold a device that did just that...a "harmless" "oderless" smoke fog would occur upon vehicle break-in. It might have been somewhat effective but I have heard the reason it is no longer made is that it would stink up and stain the interior..even though it promised not too. That doesn't mean you can't do this...but a consideration if you care about your interior.

Why not just put train horns inside hooked to your alarm system.....oh man that would mess the thief up big time and be pretty easy to hook up..it's finding the room to mount the horn inside might be the challange. I have been broken into as well and probably would have shot the thief if I caught them but in thinking about my own future I am glad I didn't..stuff can be replaced..not human life...however a dirty stinking thieving dirtbag life it is.

dr.death 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Some more googling got me to this device:
http://www.futurehorizons.net/sonic.htm
It operates on 2 9V batteries, and creates unbearable noise. Get or make 2 of these babies, put it under the seat, connect to the remote domelight activator circuit, and let her rip.
Hope it wouldn't crack any autoglass!
master5, is the smoke making machine still in the market?
Dr. Death
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic