the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Grand Cherokee Alarm/Remote Start Tips

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

Just did one this weekend -- pain the arse!

1) Doorlocks -- PURPLE / green wire at door switch -- use 100 ohm resistor to ground and 330 ohm resistor to ground for lock/unlock -- I could NOT find this wire in the driver's kick panel or at "Cluster 3, pin 17" to save my life.  Had to take the door panel off, tap the PURPLE / green wire, and run the wire into the cabin.

2) I used a bypasskit (from autotoys.com) for the immobilizer defeat/MUX wire -- worked beautifully!  Remember that when you're in programming mode (it'll say Programming Mode on the Jeep's dash) do NOT connect any wires/harnesses to the bypass kit.  When programming the bypasskit module, the dash will say "Damaged Key" -- but that's ok! It still programs it -- the red circle (vehicle- anti-theft light) will go off, and one chime will alert you that programming of the module is complete.  Wrap the antenna/coil of the bypass kit a good four or five times around the key cylinder.

3) I could NOT locate the ORANGE / purple wire for the rear hatch -- there are two ORANGE / purple wires in the Driver's kick panel but when i metered them w/ the VMM, they didn't fluctuate w/ the rear hatch popping. 

4) Defrost:  dark blue wire behind the center console -- needs negative latched charge -- though it WILL trigger the defrost, the defroster light will not come on (the light is on the button itself).

5) When tapping into the ignition harness -- unplug the harness from the key cylinder, split some of the wire loom to give yourself more slack -- i used an exacto to remove the wire sheathing from the necessary wires (ignition, mux, starter#1).  I found it also easier to remove the two torx type screws from the keycylinder that kept it flush with the dash and maneuvered the keycylinder below the dash to a more accesible location.  Also made it easier to wrap the antenna coil around the cylinder. 

6) Park lights -- pin 1 of the PARKING LIGHTS relay in the fuse box under the hood -- I connected it to a (-) pulse from the remote starter and it works beautifully.

7) Horse -- also pin 1 of the HORN relay in the SAME fuse box under the hood -- connect to a (-) pulse from the horn wire of the remote starter. 

8) Good place to get through firewall is directly above steering wheel shaft in the engine bay where it meets the firewall. -- go about 6 inches - 10 inches above it.

9) Snag 12 volts constant+ power from Cluster #1 -- big harness at top of fuse box -- lots of heavy gauge wires -- i think it's a RED / orange or RED / pink wire -- works fine -- no engine codes or anything popped up.

Hope this helps

The search function is your friend.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for contributing to the search-bank.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2007 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
2006 Grand Cherokee Alarm/Remote Start Tips -- posted image.
attilahooper 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
That's fabulous Peter ! I was looking to have an installer do my wife's new 06 WK Jeep. Did my own install on a 95 Caprice, simple by comparison, but was daunted by the CAN bus and other details. The links and info you've provided give me an extra bit of confidence to attempt this myself.
Thanks so much, I'll be kicking back info on my own experience to flesh-out the 'search bank' as well.
attilahooper 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
Question, I am looking at autotoys
SUPERBUS DATABUS CAR ALARM DOORLOCK MODULE WITH WINDOW ROLL UP AND RAP CONTROL #252 linky
Is this all I need to interface doorlocks etc ? Or am I missing something ? I do recall having to do ign sense on my 96 Impala. But considering this Chrysler CAN bus is much more spohisticated I am totally clued out.
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
save yourself the hassle and use a data interface kit. flashlogix has one that will do your locks, and rear glass release and door pins, as well as the second start wire. all through data, no need to run wires into the door and wast time looking for wires.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
attilahooper 
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Yes 2006 Grand Cherokee Alarm/Remote Start Tips -- posted image., I emailed autotoys and they recommended this for the 2005 2006 jeep cherokee wk
Good service from those guys, I'm buying some stuff from them.
Dodge Chrysler Jeep immobiziler
Data Bus Interface.
Databus:
2005-2007 300/300C
2006 PT CRUISER
2007 Caliber
2006 Charger
2005-2006 Dakota
2004-2006 Durango
2005-2007 Magnum
2006 Ram
2006-2007 Commander