karr alarm won’t send power to actuators

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mliang2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I had to replace one of the door actuator. The auto lock system is tied to the Karr 2040a alarm. The alarm and electronic locks are after market installs. The car is a 2001 Honda Accord Value Package
The actuator is a 2 wire system. I clipped off the old actuator, stripped the wires, and connect the new actutor w/ electric caps. I then tested it and the dangling actuator responded. The old actuators are is from AudioVox, the replacement is a DEI 524N.
After screwing everything in place, the alarm stop sending power to any of the actutors. It is possible the exposed wires *might* have touched each other, and possibility shorted something.
All the alarm fuctions such as impact detection, unauthorized entry, ignition bypass, work. The only thing used to work, and doesn't work, is the auto lock/unlock. I checked the alarm feature progamming and verified auto lock/unlock is enabled.
thanks for any advice,
mike
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

I am not familiar with that brand. Does it have built in door lock relays?  If not you need to check the fuses to the relays since the alarm can not power an actuator..only relays. You state that the "alarm has stopped sending power to any of the actuators"...did you verify what is going on at the doorlock output wires at the brain with a meter?

I have seen alarm doorlock outputs move an actuator when "dangling" as you state before since many systems will switch positive and negative...but once it has any tension on it, like when you connect it to the lock mechanism in the door..it stops working and 9 out of 10 times burns up the doorlock outputs in the brain.

Grab your meter and see whats going on at the relays, they should be fused or things can burn up. If the wires coming out of the brain for the doorlocks are very thin...it is low current.and requires external relays..follow those wires until you locate them..if they are thicker gauge..the system has built in relays...if thats the case check those wires ... fuses that should be on them as well.

good luck

mliang2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Thx,it turns out to be a blown fuse
mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic