icon

sonic electronix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
Has anybody purchased anything from sonic electronix, and if so, how were they? Their prices seem too good to be true, yet they look like a legitimate site.
If I can get my JL amplifier for $150 cheaper, only risking losing the JL 90 day warranty, I'd be a happy camper...
~wayland
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone you spells electronics 'electronix' will never get my business.  They can't spell correctly, what makes you think they can run a business correctly???  :)

Kevin Pierson
advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
Never buy from an unauthorized source, you never know what you will get. There are alot of fakes and "factory" refurbished products out there.
kicker guy 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Actually I got a headunit from them for the girlfriend and it went very well.... shipped out next day got it 2 days later.... I would buy again
ra0062 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
I've bought a pair of JL TR570s. They shipped them with just a shipping sticker on the factory box. They were incased in formed styrofoam, so they were ok. But they never returned any e-mails, unless you are going to buy. Not one question answered after the sale. As far as amps, I've had very bad luck buying online. And with JL I wouldn't take any chances, just buy it from a local dealer, and get trained support and a 2 year warrenty.
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
The only real reason I'd consider buying from them is the fact that they're members of BBB, were around 7 years ago when I was looking to install in my first car, and have good bizrate ratings (among other things, like Cnet certified store?)
The 2 year warranty is only for Professionally certified and installed items. I'm not about to pay some kid at Tweeter 80 bucks an hour for a 6 hour install, just to run a few wires... So I'd only be eligible for the 90 day JL warranty.
~wayland
ra0062 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, I got the the shop to buy off on my install, and certified it on my receipt. They had seen my install when I was troubleshooting my problem with the last amp. Coughing up $505 w/tax, might have had something to do with it also. I understand wanting to save money, but in my case it cost me more. www.woofersetc.com also carries JL, and claims they can sell on the internet, because they're CA. store is a authorized dealer.
Good luck
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

Anyone you spells electronics 'electronix' will never get my business. They can't spell correctly, what makes you think they can run a business correctly??? :)

ok...well you spelled "who", Y-O-U
advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Actually if you visit JL's website you will see that no one is authorized to sell JL Audio on the internet. Jl will not honor any warranty whatsoever if purchased from an online retailer.
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2007 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  
I know JL doesn't honor any online warranties, but Sonic offers a 1 year warranty by themselves on it. It isn't a replacement warranty, but they'll repair it for you.
It's better than JL's 90 day warranty that I'll have to pay for in stores. Plus, with the money I save on two amplifiers through sonic (assuming i go that route) if one should fail (aren't JL products known for reliability??? *knock on wood*) I don't think the pain in buying one will be as bad.
~wayland

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic