icon

2007 vw jetta remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
It occurs to me that when using current DEI  product with a VERY low lock/unlock power output relay BOTH sides then add the resistor, NB the load is 1Kr on VW Polos (Smaller Jetta/Golf in Europe) and transporters.
christopher418 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
I disagree. I tried going straight to chassis frame and I obtained the same results. If you have actually done a 2007 Jetta I would believe you but I did it myself and no other resistor except for 1K worked. In addition, this was a Crimestopper type remote starter. Using the 1K resistor works exactly the same as when I go straight to chassis frame or when using the remote starter. I didn't need to add relays to make this work. Crimestopper uses a darlington pair output which is about ~700mA and this is enough to accomplish the task.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Fair enough, the only reason I mentioned relays is that I've had issues with Clifford over lock output since the G5 range first appeared,also sensitivity to door contacts. The Polo and transporter both use a dreaded time control body management box that sends a feedback everytime it "wakes up" triggering the alarm, use diodes to block the signal back to processor  also on trunk lead (thin BROWN / black). There is a Directed tech note on their website. I think Clifford product has been going downhil since they stopped US manufacture and transferred to 'lite-On in Taiwan.
christopher418 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
Good to know for people using that type of alarm/remote starter. If I wasn't so cheap, I'd buy one of the CAN interface products but I was able to do everything W2W.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

2 points we've only got VW can so far, I have  a newish laptop with only USB ports, I can't use the Cliffnet wizard, have you USB to wiz over there yet? On latest GM product I've actually been told by Clifford UK not to touch '06 on until they bring out their GM/Honda can!

NB Am I suffering being paranoid but does VW/Audi have more airbag etc warning light problems than anyone else or do they design the software to do this thus sending the vehicle back to dealership?

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic