icon

autopage 750lcd has no neutral safety,

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
weiweiwei 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
is this the same way to hook up a scanner for an autopage?  i have a 2000 honda prelude 5-speed with imoobilizer bypass module
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
ok why do we need 4 miles of range . why doesnt compustar start putting some money in r& d for current product line . there return dept is so busy you always have to leave a voice mail. thats not a good sign.
RocketRanger 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2003 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Suggest the solution mentioned by other suer....
Magnetic reed switch in the active open position.
Reed on a bracket. Magnet on shift linkage. Arrange magnet to open reeds when centeres on reed tube. (This means N and S on magnet on tude ends. Play with a large magnet and a reed switch. You'll see.....)
When in neutral, reed is open. Any other position, closed to ground. Use hood safety input. (Active GROUND)
Havn't had any trouble. Do quality work and it'll be reliable and safe.
Rocket
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Your installer should have the manual.
You can have him connect the neutral safety wire (BLACK/ white) to the emergency brake switch. If that switch goes negative when the E brake is applied (which I believe it does) then it will work like the neutral safety switch on an auto. Once E brake is released the alarm thinks the car was pulled out of park(thinking of the automatic tranny of course)and suts down teh engine.
You might be able to so the same with the clutch -IF- the switch shows negative when the clutch is in its resting position.
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
As a side note cause I didn't know you had the answer about the brake already.
you said the guy could just jump in and drive off. If you remote start the car the alarm is still working. If they pop the door to get in then the alarm will go off and shut down the car.
Also there is an option in the programing so that you can arm the alarm with the ign on. I would think although i have not tried yet that you could arm the alarm during a pitstop and if someone gets in then the alm goes off and kills the engine. I'll try it when I install it in a silverado this weekend.
99 Blazer Excalibur 1800 gold
92 Prizm Crimestopper RS-800 III
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic