1996 ford explorer remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lbeck92 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I installed an Ultra Start 1270 remote starter and the wires are all set up according to the instalation guide and the Ford wiing diagrams although It has a PAT and the wire to ignition in put on the unit is red /light blue then to the motor it red.  Should the wire be tapped to the motor or from ignition to Pat.   when the auxillary by pass is hooked up it will start as soon as the battery cable is connected, and the started will keep going. the Kill/ wire is hooked into the ingnition according to a digram i pulled for this site and every thing eles is by the book and it wont start.  The unit is suppoed to work with my security sys. so i dont know Yet my truck still starts normaly so i know i hadn't screwed up any factory wiring.  I would greatly appericiate the help.

another_sales_chick FORD!!
jeeper87 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
Two quick questions, one did are you using the tachless programing for the remote start and if so did you program it?
Jeep is a way of life, not just my ride.
jeeper87 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

ord Wiring                                        Starter Wiring

RED / Light blue          starter          yellow

Green yellow             accs.            green
Yellow                   both 12vlt           red
BLACK/ green              2nd ign          white
Grn/ Prpl                ign                      Blue

Brown                    Park lghts          White.. make sure brown is (+) ... If not use RED / white amd program menu two

ground src               grnd                   Black
Green                    Brake kill                Pink

Using these basic wires you should have no problem getting the truck to start....Hope this helps any more questions just ask....      PS i use a similar system at work

Jeep is a way of life, not just my ride.
lbeck92 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you ,

although now a new issue arised. I cannot shift out of park the only way i can shift is if i have the key in the acc. position outting it into nutrual then starting my truck now that means it is the netrual saftey swtich right? in that is a grey/ green on a single wire conector located to the right of the steering colum? becuase i did somthing dumb and forgot what it went to and didnt write it down. i recall disconnecting it but ???   i should have listen to every one else and left it alone ha ha ha

another_sales_chick FORD!!
docsautomotive 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
WHAT DID YOU RAKE LOOSE AROUND THE STEERING COULUM
never stop

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic