icon

advice on 94 2 door tahoe/balzer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lembke 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2007 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone has fiberglassed custom door panels for a 94 fullsize blazer or tahoe.The stock doorpanels for this vehicle are very week and where designed poorly.Anyone who could help me out with a design or a site that goes through the steps on the doors would be greatly appreciated.i am not a newbie on fiberglass work i just havent had to do work on doorpanels atleast fiberglass work .I just make kickpanels and install suede but doing the whole panel will take more time and skill would just like some advice from those people that are skilled in that area.
Thanks
Mark lembke
99 2envy 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
Basically with those doors you can build your own bottom piece of the panel, pretty much just like speakermakers door panels for the expedition he did. You can see the picture in the LED forum. As far as attaching it, there are a number of diffrent ways to attach it. I would hang the door panel and then attach the panel that you build for it. I would bot it to the actual metal door with nutserts. Hope this helps ...
jono418 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 4:09 AM / IP Logged  

advice on 94 2 door tahoe/balzer - Last Post -- posted image.

I made a pair of fiber glass door panels for my Subaru Impreza, took of the original pannels and all the stuff conected to it (armrest ect..) and used the original panel and clay to build the shape i wanted, then put mold sealer and releasent over it and layed the fiber glass over it. once it has cured you can release the glass from the door pannel (& all the clay n stuff) and use it as a mold. clean it all out and jst put mold sealer n releasent into the mould  and glass it. again once its cured you can pull the fiberglass pannell out of the mould. if you need to (depending on how smooth you got your clay) just scuff it up and use bodyfiller where needed. this is the lightest and strongest way i could think of making it.

2005 Subaru Impeza
Jono.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic