icon

the perfect system? 2000 grand prix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilj2343 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2007 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
so i've got another question for everyone out there..... i'm re-doing the entire set up in my 2000 grand prix, and i want to know how to get the best sound out of my car... i currently have a TMA T500.1 pushing a kicker CVR15 dual4 wired into a 2 ohm load, and an eclipse cd2000 to round it all up.. i'm already planning on upgrading to a CVX15, but i don't know what speakers i should go with for mids and highs, i'm really wanting to stick with kicker for the entire car so i'm needing suggestions on good kicker 5.25s and 6x9s and a two good amps.... one to run the sub and the other to run the rest. and any suggestions on an upgraded cd would be nice, preferably a flip out screen deck..... thanks again guys!!!!!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2007 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Another "perfect system" question...
How much do you want to spend?
Kicker is FAR from perfect, IMO, so "my" "perfect" is already shot in the foot...
Your "perfect" might sound like crap to me.
How much power are you wanting to install?
SQ or SPL? And it HAS to be one or the other, NO system can do both well - there will ALWAYS be compromises.
(I am assuming SPL, that's what kicker does...)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
lilj2343 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2007 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
i'm really wanting spl..... but at the same time, i'd still like to be able to hear the words being said on a track over the bass.... which i can't now! i know there is no good mix of both, so maybe i'll just stick with the CVX15 and u could help to recommend some really good mids and highs and stable amps to push all of it..... i'm looking to spend below $1500.00, if that helps!
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
if you are wanting the best, but only kicker ... you should get top of the line kicker stuff.
kicker.com homie
lilj2343 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
well i'm willing to compromise on the whole kicker thing, just because i want to have a good sq as well......
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Why Kicker??
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
Why whats so bad about kicker? I'm sure it's way better than the factory gm crap
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Perfect in your mind....of course. Perfection is an opinion, thats all. Just make it sound good to YOU. Your opinion is the only one that counts.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic